13.8v 3AMP Beef Up

This forum is dedicated to the general computer related issues we all come across on a daily basis, such as e-mail/Internet/Operating System/virus/spyware, etc questions & problems.

As we are primarily a radio discussion group, your mileage may vary on the responses.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

MotoMax300
NOT ALLOWED TO BUY/SELL/TRADE

13.8v 3AMP Beef Up

Post by MotoMax300 »

I have a Rat Shack 13.8v 3AMP Power Supply.

What will it take to convert it into a ~12amp supply??
k2hz

Post by k2hz »

Replace the power transformer, diodes and regulator transistor with new parts with a higher current rating. In other words, buy a new power supply.
tvsjr

Post by tvsjr »

To put it in simpler terms:
I have a Yugo, but I need a half-ton truck. What would it take to make my Yugo into a truck?

:P
kb0nly
AKA: The Computer Doctor

Post by kb0nly »

:lol: Yugo....

Cheaper just to get a new supply..
Duct tape is like the force, it has a dark side and a light side and it holds the universe together.

"I Reject Your Reality And Substitute My Own!" - Adam Savage
Bruce1807

Post by Bruce1807 »

I dont know
when I got my powerware 10KVA upgraded to a 15KVA the powerware guy came out to do a quote and said ok it will cost x amount to upgrade. I said ok when can you do it and he pulled out his laptop, plugged it in and said you now have a 15kVA. He then said I can make it a 20kva as well for an additional price.
440roadrunner

Post by 440roadrunner »

Please don't make fun of Yugo's, they were fine little automobiles in their last years----the higher end later models had rear window defrosters SO YOU COULD KEEP YOUR HANDS WARM WHILE YOU WERE PUSHING IT

Return to “Computer/Technical Assistance”