In the series of stupid questios: Soft ID?

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

oh2glg
What radios do you own?: DP4801 DM4601 SL7550 MTP850S

In the series of stupid questios: Soft ID?

Post by oh2glg »

Hello all.

First of all, I must apologise, if the answer to my question or the matter of this message has been recently or ever before discussed here on the Board. (that would only point out that I'd be lazy-ass who didn't even search messages first. Well, I must admit, I didn't.)

I purchased an XTS 3000 short time ago from a member of this board (many thanks again!) and also got necessary ribless programming cable from elsewhere.

I already do have an Astro Saber - that I programmed with RSS R09.03.00 - where I spotted following feature called "Soft ID", which allows e.g. my hamcall to be displayed on the screen when other radio is receiving my transmission.

Well, XTS 3000 does not. It seems that it lacks this Soft ID feature all together. According to RadioReference.com's flashcode decoder this is missing:

Q352 Soft ID

Next natural thing to ask would be: "How could I get this feature to my XTS3k?"

Someone will probable ask, which flashcode does Astro Saber have: In matter of fact it's with "Nick" flashcode. XTS3k has really much less options in it.. duh. ;-)
Jussi Strömberg
Ham call: OH2JS/OH2GLG
txshooter

SOFT ID

Post by txshooter »

Officially you would have to get a Flash upgrade from Motorola.....Unofficially you may want to search around....the answer is out there......
Scott B.
"Never argue with seven men when you are carrying a six shooter..."
Pj
What radios do you own?: X9000 thru APX

Post by Pj »

Soft ID only works in the digital mode, and the best way to get it is thru your local Moto dealer. I think the option is fairly inexpensive. If you want to risk dumping in a loaded flashcode in it by other means, you could do that too. But, since the option is usually dirt cheap, I'd get it flashed the legit way (and you may be able to get your firmware upgraded at the same time at no additional cost).
Lowband radio. The original and non-complicated wide area interoperable communications system
oh2glg
What radios do you own?: DP4801 DM4601 SL7550 MTP850S

Post by oh2glg »

Pj wrote:Soft ID only works in the digital mode, and the best way to get it is thru your local Moto dealer. I think the option is fairly inexpensive. If you want to risk dumping in a loaded flashcode in it by other means, you could do that too. But, since the option is usually dirt cheap, I'd get it flashed the legit way (and you may be able to get your firmware upgraded at the same time at no additional cost).
Thanks for quick help. You're right it works only on digital mode, which ofcourse is available and ased as well (imbe apco-25).

It is completely different ballgame if such flashcode upgrade is available at all from local Motorola dealer here, since I believe that none of XTS 3000's has not been sold here. But I'll ask them anyway.

On the other hand, if they don't have a possibility to upgrade this HT at all, I might have to do it some other way or leave thigs as they are.
Jussi Strömberg
Ham call: OH2JS/OH2GLG

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”