MDC1200 Question

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Tron
What radios do you own?: Too many to list

MDC1200 Question

Post by Tron »

Does anyone know if MDC signaling capabilities are std options for the SM-50/M120/M1225/Maxtracs? These are VHF of various vintage. Can you tell from the model numbers?

Tron
"Where the Old Soo crosses the New Soo, Duplainville, Wisconsin"
harrisjt2000
NOT ALLOWED TO BUY/SELL/TRADE

Post by harrisjt2000 »

Yes all of those should have MDC capablilties as far as PTT-ID
escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

No, the M1225 does not do MDC (at least not without an option board) and I don't think the SM50 does either
DPL

Post by DPL »

The SM50 doesn't, and I'm pretty sure the M120 will not either. The Maxtracs will only do MDC1200 if they are the high-signaling models; look for a 16 pin connector on the back below the antenna connector (as opposed to a five pin).
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

I second what DPL is saying...a definite 'no' on the SM50/M120/M1225 without a third party board, and a 'maybe' on the Maxtrac...it needs to be a 16-pin model board set-up as a 'high signaling' unit.

Todd
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”