IWCE impressions

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

wkr518

IWCE impressions

Post by wkr518 »

I got back from IWCE Friday AM into NY here.Wish I had seen the thread with drink offers from ESCOMM! Not a gambler here so played 5 cent slots to get some drinks.
Bellagio was nice.Never been there or even to Vegas ( during the day at least)
Bellagio was using UHF trunked HT1250LS all over the place.Heard rumors next year it might be at the RIO.
The Kenwood booth ( transportable 2 story office) was neat.It had 4 private meeting rooms ( seems almost as they do thier Dealer Expo during IWCE).
Not much new for Vendor partners ,similar or same as Roadshow 2006.

Q/A during breakout sessions not as lively as I had hoped for.Outside of Minitor V gripes and FPP mobiles ( or lack thereof) and of course wondering if PM1500 will ever be available in lowband.Lots of hands for that inquiry.

It was all about MOTOTRBO it seems.Kenwood booth had something similar but was not able to get close enough to see what it was.

HYT booth was staffed by ex Motorolans.Or at least 2 of the 5 HYT guys were once with /\/\.

New EX560XLS coming out.Ltd Keypad version of EX600XLS,VHF and UHF,LTR on both.Radius CP100 replacement called the CP110.Looking like an icom 2 watter.

Was hoping for a PR1550 or something more interesting.

Finally got to see and learn about all the TXL/Astro heads and what the differences were.Not alot of Astro in our area here,yet.

Was not impressed with Relm/Thales/Midland offerings.

Anyone else catch anything I missed or impressions?

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”