HT1550 FPP battery

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

VR2WTF
was likimkim - 1 Warning for RSS/CPS

HT1550 FPP battery

Post by VR2WTF »

Hello, I know that it may be a stupid question but I want to know.
Will the channels which are changed by using the RED battery be back to original (that means the information from CPS before changing) if I am using another non-Red battery?
Thanks! :lol:

73 de
Kim
HumHead

Post by HumHead »

Changes made using the FPP battery actually change the codeplug data. They will remain if a different battery is used, and will be read by CPS as part of the codeplug when the radio is read.
Amateurs train until they can do it right. Professionals train until they cannot do it wrong.
VR2WTF

Post by VR2WTF »

Thanks HumHead!
Then can I add/delete channels or I must make some channels from CPS before I use the FPP?

73 de
VR2WTF
HumHead

Post by HumHead »

Channels have to be initially created in CPS, with the "Edit" function enabled on a per personality basis in CPS. If a personality does not have "Edit" enabled in the CPS, you will not be able to change it with the FPP battery.

The battery only allows you to change TX and RX frequency, CTCSS / DPL tone, and bandwidth. You cannot add, delete, rename channels, or change advanced options. That will still require the CPS software.
Amateurs train until they can do it right. Professionals train until they cannot do it wrong.
VR2WTF

Post by VR2WTF »

Oh........understood.
Thanks HumHead.
:lol: :lol:
libuff

Re: HT1550 FPP battery

Post by libuff »

sorry to dig up this topic, but what makes a "Red Battery" Special? is it a resistor somewhere...

reason is... the "red batteries" tend to be low mah's like 1500 or so... motorola is producing 2000mah impres, and aftermarket people are up to 2750mah... and i'd like to figure out if there is a project or somethign to make the radio allways think theres a red battery attached...
mr.syntrx

Post by mr.syntrx »

Nah. It's a chip inside the battery. The same chip is responsible for the fuel gauge display, telling the radio the battery's mAh rating and stuff as well as I understand it.
tiawah466

Post by tiawah466 »

One little trick I figured out to using the Field Program Battery is to set up a complete bank of channels that are set to the factory defaults for tx,rx, and the pl. This way I can just go into this bank and edit one of my blank channels. Easy way to add channels in the field.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”