Having trouble flashing the firmware

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

kennethlbryant

Having trouble flashing the firmware

Post by kennethlbryant »

I get all sorts of errors.

I am using the HLN9742B flash adapter with the ribless cable.

I am following the instructions.
n7maq
What radios do you own?: Mocom 70 w/scan!!

Re: Having trouble flashing the firmware

Post by n7maq »

kennethlbryant wrote:I get all sorts of errors.

I am using the HLN9742B flash adapter with the ribless cable.

I am following the instructions.

Are both OEM? What errors are you getting?

Jim
HLA
What radios do you own?: HT1550's, X9000's, CDM1550's

Post by HLA »

first of all does the radio boot? and is the radio a working radio? next are you using the correct version and not the one for a 4 line display radio? and when are you getting the errors, as soon as you start the program, when trying to boot the radio, when you start the upgrade, or after the upgrade starts?
HLA
I never check PM's so don't bother, just email me.
I won't reply to a hotmail, gmail, aol or any other generic free address, if you want me to reply use a real address.
STOP ASKING ME FOR SOFTWARE OR FIRMWARE, I JUST FORWARD ALL OF THE REQUESTS TO THE MODERATORS
kennethlbryant

Post by kennethlbryant »

I am not that clueless but I understand your wanting to be thorough.

Thanks for your kind assistance.

I was using a USB to serial port and apparently the software wants a direct serial connection!!!
kennethlbryant

Post by kennethlbryant »

Although I don't see the same licensing requirements or restrictions for the firmware as I see for the software, I guess it would be a no no to ask for a current copy?

Thanks,

Ken
[removed contact information - please see Akardam's post below. -Alex]
akardam

Post by akardam »

Per http://batboard.batlabs.com/viewtopic.php?t=69458, asking for firmware is not permitted.

Professional radio firmware is usually available as a free download on MOL to anyone that has a Professional series CPS license and subscription. If you feel your existing copy of the firmware is corrupt and a reinstallation of the firmware kit on your comptuer does not help, try contacting Motorola and see if they can provide the firmware to your MOL account under the Software section of the Resource Center.
kennethlbryant

Post by kennethlbryant »

That may be, but I didn't think the firmware came under the subscription since it is supported with the purchase of the flash adapter. Thanks, I will contact Motorola.

Return to “Radio Programming”