Miguel (1 Adam 12) is a silent key

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

N4DES
was KS4VT
What radios do you own?: APX,XTS2500,XTL2500,XTL1500

Miguel (1 Adam 12) is a silent key

Post by N4DES »

I am saddened to forward that Miguel Deulofeo (KI4HTW) of the Palm Beach County State Atty's Office passed away last night at Garden's Medical Center due to a medical complication from a recent surgery. For the last 15+ years Miguel was the agencies technology contact and assembled the SA's case files for the County's DUI cases and investigative wire-taps and a very good friend to me and many others. In addition he was also the communications coordinator for the County's numerous task-forces, an active participant in the County's LE Radio User Group, involved in the Naval Reserve and amateur radio and an active BatBoard member.

God Speed Miguel!

Mark
alex
Administrator

Re: Miguel (1 Adam 12) is a silent key

Post by alex »

KS4VT wrote:I am saddened to forward that Miguel Deulofeo (KI4HTW) of the Palm Beach County State Atty's Office passed away last night at Garden's Medical Center due to a medical complication from a recent surgery. For the last 15+ years Miguel was the agencies technology contact and assembled the SA's case files for the County's DUI cases and investigative wire-taps and a very good friend to me and many others. In addition he was also the communications coordinator for the County's numerous task-forces, an active participant in the County's LE Radio User Group, involved in the Naval Reserve and amateur radio and an active BatBoard member.

God Speed Miguel!

Mark
Mark,

Thanks for passing this information along. I had talked to him on a couple of occasions, as well as purchased a couple items from him in the past. Really nice guy. I'll make this a sticky in this forum so that everyone has a chance to read it.

I wish his family, friends, and colleges my best.

-Alex
The Radio Information Board: http://www.radioinfoboard.com
Your source for information on: Harris/Ma-Comm/EFJ/RELM/Kenwood/ICOM/Thales, equipment.
N4DES
was KS4VT

Post by N4DES »

Thanks Alex. I'll also post the funeral details here for anyone who is in the area who wishes to attend.

Mark
N4KVE
What radios do you own?: APX XTS XTL TRBO 900MHZ

Post by N4KVE »

I just saw Miguel at the Orlando hamfest in February. I have lots of equipment that came from him. I will miss him. GARY N4KVE
MTS2000des
What radios do you own?: XTS2500, XTS5000, and MTS2000

Post by MTS2000des »

Man what a shame. Miguel was a stand up guy, and I had several good deals with him over the years. He will be missed, he'll be up there with Monty, on the golden Astros..RIP Miguel.
The views here are my own and do not represent those of anyone else or the company, the boss, his wife, his dog or distant relatives.
N4DES
was KS4VT

Post by N4DES »

Please make note of the following arrangements for Miguel to be held this Saturday (July 7th) at 10 AM:

Memorial Service is to be held at the All County Funeral Home Del Lago Chapel, 131 South Lakeside Drive, Lake Worth.
3 blocks east of Federal Highway and 2 blocks south of Lake Avenue (Lake Worth Road).

In lieu of flowers, donations can be made to the American Heart Association.

Mark KS4VT
txshooter

Post by txshooter »

I am very saddened to hear this as well and wondered why I had not heard back from him after several emails and PM's. We had done business together many times over the years. He was a great person to deal with in a business sense and also great just to chat with.

Thanks for letting us know.

Scott
Scott B.
"Never argue with seven men when you are carrying a six shooter..."
Tom in D.C.
What radios do you own?: Progreso soup can with CRT

Post by Tom in D.C. »

Miguel was a true gentleman and always a pleasure to deal
with. I shall miss him.
Tom in D.C.
In 1920, the U.S. Post Office Department ruled
that children may not be sent by parcel post.
bellersley
No Longer Registered

Post by bellersley »

He had done a wonderful job helping me with a problem I had awhile ago and was very polite. RIB my friend.
Wes

Post by Wes »

Miguel was always a pleasure to deal with. His business practices in buying/selling/trading on this board should be a model for everyone to follow. I always enjoyed communicating him on deals here beacuse I knew they would go smooth. I pray that our Heavenly Father will comfort his family and friends during this time of loss.

Wes
Wes Hutchens
911 Telecommunicator/2-Way Sales & Service
RESCUE161
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: Too many!

Post by RESCUE161 »

Rest in peace brother. We'll miss you.
Scott
KE4FHH
Religion: Kills folks dead!
NSPD
What radios do you own?: Motorola FR50!

Post by NSPD »

Rest in peace Miguel, you were a great guy!
Jake
N4DES
was KS4VT

Post by N4DES »

Here is Miguel's obituary just in case anyone wants to do a donation...

http://www.legacy.com/PalmBeachPost/Dea ... d=90283392
N4KVE
What radios do you own?: APX XTS XTL TRBO 900MHZ

Post by N4KVE »

I just got back from the funeral home. It was standing room only. Miguel touched many lives in the radio & LE community. More Crown Vics there than the local PD. Not a dry eye in the house. Rest in peace my friend. I will miss you. GARY N4KVE
N4DES
was KS4VT

Post by N4DES »

It was quite a turnout, over 120 attended and your right Gary there wasn't a dry eye in the house.
I was sitting behind Miguel's parents and I was able to tell by the look on his mom's face that she was amazed at the turnout.
I will really miss my hamfesting buddy...rest in peace Miguel.

Tomorrow I have to lay my dad to rest as he passed away on Thursday. This has been the absolute worst 2 weeks of my life!
alex
Administrator

Post by alex »

KS4VT wrote:Tomorrow I have to lay my dad to rest as he passed away on Thursday. This has been the absolute worst 2 weeks of my life!
Mark - Sorry to hear about your father passing away as well. My prayers go out to you and your family. Best wishes.

-Alex
The Radio Information Board: http://www.radioinfoboard.com
Your source for information on: Harris/Ma-Comm/EFJ/RELM/Kenwood/ICOM/Thales, equipment.
bilat

Post by bilat »

RIP brother officer.
N4DES
was KS4VT

Post by N4DES »

A bunch of us went through Miguel's radio stuff today. I sifted out the "cherry" Motorola and other items.
I will be giving my Batlab brothers first dibs on the stuff over the next few weeks and anything unsold I will send to fleabay.
I'll try to do some research before I post it, but if I'm out of line on the price please let me know.
I won't get offended.

The items range from a really clean STX821, Racal P25 VHF portable, to some Astro Saber radios. I'll be selling the items "as-is" and may or may not be able to provide all of the data as I may not have the ability to charge or read the radios with CPS or RSS, so please go easy on me.

I will probably request payments be either usps money order or certified check as I am selling this stuff for his parents to offset his funeral expenses, etc. I will accept paypal, but with the 3% cost to do that transfer I'm request a litte extra compensation to offset that.

Thanks
Mark
mcx1000
What radios do you own?: More than I can list

Post by mcx1000 »

I barely knew the man having only done one radio deal with him, but it was the probably the best and smoothest deal I had ever done via the internet. In all communications with him he was extremely pleasant to deal with and I got exactly what I wanted with no bs or drama. Having recently lost a good friend in the local ham community here, I can commiserate with the ones that knew him well and know the sense of loss they feel. God bless the man and his family and friends.
W3MOT
Banned for the Greater Good
What radios do you own?: Just a console for nuke'n.

Post by W3MOT »

I've dealt with Miguel in the past. A good man... I wasn't completely satisfied with the deal, but he was definitely good people.
Intellegence/\/\Somewhere
"One radio at a time..."
Elroy Jetson

Post by Elroy Jetson »

I'd have to say that I saw him at EVERY hamfest I've ever been to in Florida. He was always very helpful and knowledgeable
on the few occasions I had to ask him any questions. He was one of the people you expected to see at the hamfest and
would miss if he wasn't there. Miguel was definitely a great guy and a real asset to any organization that made use
of his knowledge and skills.

I'm SURE I bought SOMETHING from him at some point in the past. But I'll be flipped if I know what it was...?
Maybe it was my first Saber...

Whatever it was, it was as good as advertised.
N4DES
was KS4VT

Post by N4DES »

Greeting everyone,

Just to give everyone an update as to what your generosity has amounted to, this past weekend I sent a check to Miguel's mom for $1000.00. I want to publically say thanks to everyone who purchased items and worked with me on the limited time I have doing this part-time.

I'm going to take little break on posting items in the For Sale area in an attempt to get ready for the Melbourne Hamfest that is the weekend of October 13th. We have reserved 5 tables at the hamfest to display as much as we can, so if your planning on attending please stop by to say hi. If you see something that I posted prior that I didn't note as being sold, please send me a PM and I'll put it aside or if your planning to go and want to see something up close and personal please let me know.

On a sad note I was recently advised that Miguel's dad passed away approximately 2 weeks ago from cancer and he has been sick for quite some time. This leaves his mom alone as Miguel and his dad are now together in a higher place.

Mark
txshooter

Post by txshooter »

My thoughts and prayers are with her. This has really been a difficult year for her. Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help.....
Scott B.
"Never argue with seven men when you are carrying a six shooter..."
N4DES
was KS4VT

Post by N4DES »

Hi Guys,

Good seeing those who met up at the Melbourne hamfest and stopped by the table.
Just a little while ago I received the final count and this weekend we took in $1,920.00 that will be sent to his mom this week.
Of course we are very happy with the amount of cash and appreciate the concerns of those who saw the pictures and stopped by to ask what happened to Miguel. We will be back up at Orlando with the remainder of the equipment in mid-February and looking forward to seeing anyone who didn't make it by this weekend.

I do have some items that didn't make it into the tubs at the house and I will be putting those up on the for sale area in the next week or so.

Thanks again,
Mark

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”