Simulcast Launch Time

This forum is for discussions regarding System Infrastructure and Related Equipment. This includes but is not limited to repeaters, base stations, consoles, voters, Voice over IP, system design and implementation, and other related topics.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Astroboy

Simulcast Launch Time

Post by Astroboy »

Hi there
just wondering if any one can help with setting up a simulcast.
Having probs with launch times
does any one have the Mot GPS Simulcast Installation Manual as a pdf at all please

Cheers
AB
d119

Re: Simulcast Launch Time

Post by d119 »

What exactly is the problem?
Astroboy

Post by Astroboy »

Just the system is not working, 3 tx sites and using non Trak timing, trying cnssys equipment and basically i have a big blond fold on, System Kinda works but still no where near being right,
i am ordering some new Spectracom clocks and 1 pps outputs. anyway i will see how it goes, just really after mots gps simulacst manual for astro systems, that i think might explain a bit more.
Cheers
AB
d119

Post by d119 »

Well without a 1 pulse per second source at each site, its going to sound horrible. Are you using TeNSr channel banks, or what? Is your simulcast dual-mode or digital only?
chartofmaryland
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: Alot

Post by chartofmaryland »

If you don't have an HP or similar piece of audio test equipment, then you will not map your overlap for the three sites.

The wave forms have to match or your warble will continue.

The TenSr's are great for the job with proper GPS syncing along with T1 connections that have NO latency.

CoM
If the lights are out when you leave the station and then come on the second you key up, you know you have enough power.

Return to “Base Stations, Repeaters, General Infrastructure”