Using IP-223 to interface intercom

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

randymince
What radios do you own?: MOTO,HARRIS,TELEX,RAYTHEON,GD

Using IP-223 to interface intercom

Post by randymince »

Has anybody interfaced an IP-223 to an amp, like an input to be able to use it on a programmed csoft console to control an intercom? I tried connecting to an input on a pa amp but got nothing, I didn't know if it had the correct voltage needed. Any help would be awesome. Oh yeah an update to some earlier posts, I have interfaced the Quantar repeaters, diu's, and ip-223'. Everything is working good. Oh yeah I did have another question has anybody had any experience with paralleling an ip-223 with an existing console wired to an mc 2000? I tried, I could receive , displaying on the csoft console, but not transmit back.
...And that's how radios work
RKG

Re: Using IP-223 to interface intercom

Post by RKG »

I believe the issue is the low line levels available from a console. Consider using an amp for which "input modules" are available, such as the Bogen Power Vector series. Then run your IP233 audio to a "line input" module. Set the IP to generate 0 dBm for a 1kHz 90% full deviation test tone and then play with the gain settings on the input module.

We do something like this to port Zetron M26/M6 Station Alerting System audio to a Bogen-driven house PA system in fire stations. Takes a bit of playing around, but it works.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”