Spectra VHF Problem adding Modes

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

chezelle

Spectra VHF Problem adding Modes

Post by chezelle »

Hello,

I have a VHF Spectra D43KXA7JA7BK that I reprogrammed and changed a lot of settings in one of its codeplugs and now I can't get it to add modes anymore with F8 in the Mode Utility. It says "Value Outside Range for this Model, Please refer to Service Manual " and puts the curser at the "insert after mode" field. Unfortunatly I don't have a Software Service manual yet. Then I went back and tried a copy of the original codeplug but without any changes done to it and it will still add modes fine. Under the F2 radio wide menu in the lower side of the left column under Modes(Max) it now shows 000 on the problem codeplug but it shows 128 in the codeplug that will add modes ok. I've compared all the settings between each other but still can't get it to add modes. Since I've already programmed so much in the "changed-problem" codeplug I didn't want to have to do it all over again. I've seen others with this problem but never saw a solution.

Thanks for any Help,

Brian
chezelle

Re: Spectra VHF Problem adding Modes

Post by chezelle »

Yeah thats another strange thing....With the problem codeplug I currently have 61 modes programmed and the software will let me delete a mode ok then I turn around and try to add a mode and it won't let me. I guess I'll have to try a copy of my original unmodified codeplug and go by trial and error try to add a mode with each setting I changed and try to find out what made it unable to add any modes at all and show 000 modes(max) in the F2 menu.
chezelle

Post by chezelle »

Ok I found that disabling the zones causes my codeplug to not to be able to add new modes. Once zones are disabled and even re-enabled it still won't let me add zones and the max(zones) still shows 0 where it was previously 128. Anyone know how to reset this?

Thanks,
Brian
What radios do you own?: W7 FPP lowband MaraTrac w/AES

Post by 007 »

What firmware revision is your Spectra?
Do not make Sig angry...he'll just keep ringing the bell.
acruxksa
New User

Post by acruxksa »

I would be interested in a solution to this problem as well. I am experiencing the same issue with a UHF spectra and unfortunately I only have 28 channels left and can't seem to add more. I got over zealous and deleted a bunch of the scanner frequencies that were programmed in because I didn't need them. Stupid me didn't save the original codeplug before editing it. Oh well, I really only need about 20 channels (modes) but it's kind of a waste to have a 128 channel radio that can only use 28 of them. As I remember I messed around with zones and scan lists in addition to deleting the unused frequencies and now my max channel count also says 28 (down from 42 on the original codeplug)
PCSAR4x4652
What radios do you own?: MTS2000, Spectra & VRS/PA

Post by PCSAR4x4652 »

reload the saved code plug and start over. You did backup the codeplug before altering it, right????????
T. Freeman
PCSO Search & Rescue
Tactical Area Communications
PCSAR4x4652
What radios do you own?: MTS2000, Spectra & VRS/PA

Post by PCSAR4x4652 »

Ok, After stewing on your question all day..... not.
I did what you did and the fix is in the RSS. It's been about 6 years since I did it, but I know I fixed it in the RSS. I do not remember if discarding the changes (exit without saving) and reloading the codeplug from the Archive did it or if I found the fix somewhere else in the RSS ... seems to me I found the setting changed somewhere else in the RSS like in "Radio Wide" maybe...
Good luck...
T. Freeman
PCSO Search & Rescue
Tactical Area Communications

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”