ML900 GPS questions

This forum is dedicated to the general computer related issues we all come across on a daily basis, such as e-mail/Internet/Operating System/virus/spyware, etc questions & problems.

As we are primarily a radio discussion group, your mileage may vary on the responses.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

gcowan99

ML900 GPS questions

Post by gcowan99 »

I am receiving the following error on the two com ports that I believe the GPS is configured under: Windows cannot initialize the device driver for this hardware. (Code 37). I believe the GPS is set up on com ports 18 and 19. These two com ports are the only hardware on the unit showing any errors.

Does any one have any suggestions? From the research I have done I believe the drivers are installed but they are not working properly.

Thank you in advance for any and all assistance!
Pj
What radios do you own?: X9000 thru APX

Re: ML900 GPS questions

Post by Pj »

Have you used the Trimble software at all? Should be the Trimble Lassen IQ GPS. There is a SRN or FSB about the GPS in those units about losing comms or tracking. Let me see if I can dig it up.

Usually the GPS is located on COM3 I think.
Lowband radio. The original and non-complicated wide area interoperable communications system
Pj
What radios do you own?: X9000 thru APX

Post by Pj »

This is the only thing I have found so far:

FSB NUMBER: FSB10070
APC CODE: 736
DATE: April 2007
BULLETIN TYPE: Informational Only
SUBJECT: Mobile Laptop ML900 and MW800 with Trimble Lassen IQ GPS 1.12 Firmware may lose
connectivity and may not recover satellites

MODELS / SYSTEMS AFFECTED:
ML900 Model HK1223A with the range of serial numbers: 343xGA through 343xGWxxxx.
MW800 Model F5207A with the range of serial numbers: 736xGCxxxx through 736xGWxxxx.
Only the ML900 and MW800 units with the model numbers and that are in the serial number range listed above will be
effected.

SYMPTOM:
Mobile Laptop ML900 and MW800 with Trimble Lassen IQ GPS 1.12 may exhibit issues recovering satellites after an
extended period of time out of satellite coverage, known as GPS Garage Effect. The receiver, even after leaving that
position or location, may fail to output the position, velocity, and time solution even when strong signals become
available.

CAUSE:
Defect in Trimble Lassen IQ GPS1.12 software

RESOLUTION:
A new version of Trimble Firmware FW 1.16 is available to resolve this issue.
New version of Trimble Firmware FW 1.16 can be obtained by calling the System Support Center at 1-800-221-7144.
SSC will provide copy of the firmware to the customer.
The procedure on the following pages will provide step by step instructions for upgrading the firmware once obtained.

SEVERITY RECOMMENDATION:
Medium - Perform at next scheduled maintenance
LABOR WARRANTY ALLOWANCE
This is an informational bulletin only. No reference to warranty is implied, intended or authorized.
Lowband radio. The original and non-complicated wide area interoperable communications system
gcowan99

Post by gcowan99 »

Thank you for your post, I will try that number if my computer matches the s/n breaks.

thanks again!
Grant
gcowan99

Post by gcowan99 »

Thanks for all the help on this one, I ended up contacting motorola and was informed that the unit probally didn't have gps at all? thanks again for all your help!

Grant

Return to “Computer/Technical Assistance”