On-demand picture/wallpaper change

This forum is dedicated to the general computer related issues we all come across on a daily basis, such as e-mail/Internet/Operating System/virus/spyware, etc questions & problems.

As we are primarily a radio discussion group, your mileage may vary on the responses.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

videonerd
What radios do you own?: Little Tikes walkie-talkie

On-demand picture/wallpaper change

Post by videonerd »

Does anyone know if a utility like this exists (because I'm looking for one!!)... A picture viewer app that you're able to assign pictures to keyboard keys for quick reference? For example, I want to bring up a picture/map of the PD running areas, press F1. to bring up a picture of the FD running areas, F2. EMS, press F3, etc.

Even a macro app will do, I guess, for Windows. Something like AppleScript or Automator for Mac... it's built into the OS!!
JAYMZ
What radios do you own?: Radar Range

Re: On-demand picture/wallpaper change

Post by JAYMZ »

Linux will do that as well... with Compiz Fusion. I believe the nVidia chipsets with their own utility will allow you to set multiple desktop images and then switch between them as well. Not sure about the capabilities of the ATI cards, or any of the discreet graphics chipsets either.
JAYMZ

"Mom and dad say I should make my life an example of the principles I believe in. But every time I do, they tell me to stop it."
Calvin
videonerd
What radios do you own?: Little Tikes walkie-talkie

Post by videonerd »

Interesting.. thanks, at least even a non-compatible OS app will set me in the right direction. I'm using a Toughbook CF-29, so I guess it's an Intel 915GM chip.
JAYMZ
What radios do you own?: Radar Range

Post by JAYMZ »

On second thought... Try looking at either StyleXP and/or WindowBlinds. With either of those programs you could even do more than change your desktops. Completely forgot about those programs.
JAYMZ

"Mom and dad say I should make my life an example of the principles I believe in. But every time I do, they tell me to stop it."
Calvin

Return to “Computer/Technical Assistance”