ML900 parts

This forum is dedicated to the general computer related issues we all come across on a daily basis, such as e-mail/Internet/Operating System/virus/spyware, etc questions & problems.

As we are primarily a radio discussion group, your mileage may vary on the responses.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

securitymikey
New User
What radios do you own?: Motorola, Yaesu, Kenwood

ML900 parts

Post by securitymikey »

Hello. Does anyone know where I could get any parts for a Motorola ML900? I am looking for door that covers the Ethernet connection area. I looked on Ebay but no such luck on finding anything and my local radio shop couldn't help me. Any help would be nice-thanks.
I'm gonna need a third job just for this "hobby"!
GEMOTO

Re: ML900 parts

Post by GEMOTO »

securitymikey wrote:Hello. Does anyone know where I could get any parts for a Motorola ML900? I am looking for door that covers the Ethernet connection area. I looked on Ebay but no such luck on finding anything and my local radio shop couldn't help me. Any help would be nice-thanks.
Try Motorola Online.

I'll take a look and see if they have an exploded parts diagram for it.
GEMOTO

Post by GEMOTO »

Didnt see anything on there, you may want to call parts ID and see if they can get you a part number.

800 422 4210
securitymikey
New User

Post by securitymikey »

Ok thanks I will try that. My power adapter looks like its ready to go so I will be looking to replace that as well.
Pj
What radios do you own?: X9000 thru APX

Post by Pj »

Just an FYI, most internal parts (well, just about anything that isn't an accessory) is not orderable from MOL or over the phone. Since the introduction of the MW800/ML's, they have made just about every part a depot only item, no matter how simple it is to replace.

I needed a $10 flex, and they would not sell it to me, or large MSS's I have contacts with. They would only replace it under flat rate pricing, and I was NOT going to spend $400+ for a $10 part.
Lowband radio. The original and non-complicated wide area interoperable communications system
securitymikey
New User

Post by securitymikey »

Well I hope I won't have the same problem PJ did -that really stinks. I still haven't tried to get any of the parts yet but it is on my "to do list". Thanks for all the info guys.
spectragod
What radios do you own?: FPP 6 meter XTL 5K's

Post by spectragod »

GeTac manufactures that unit for M, that may be a place to look.

SG
Kilgore: Smell that? You smell that?
Lance: What?
Kilgore: Napalm, son. Nothing in the world smells like that.
Kilgore: I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end...

What radios do you own?: X9000 thru APX

Post by Pj »

.....and they are not any cheaper than M....but will sell parts. Went down that road with the PT800.
Lowband radio. The original and non-complicated wide area interoperable communications system
resqguy911

Post by resqguy911 »

spectragod wrote:GeTac manufactures that unit for M, that may be a place to look.

SG
Oh they do? So, hypothetically- if I wanted to buy the onboard GPS chip for a ML900 from Getac, what part would I ask for?
"TDMA = digital and same great taste, half the bits"
spectragod
What radios do you own?: FPP 6 meter XTL 5K's

Post by spectragod »

resqguy911 wrote:
spectragod wrote:GeTac manufactures that unit for M, that may be a place to look.

SG
Oh they do? So, hypothetically- if I wanted to buy the onboard GPS chip for a ML900 from Getac, what part would I ask for?
I don't have a parts list, I personally wouldn't own a ML, neither would the engineer that designed the for M, "To Motorola's spec's, not Getacs", according to said engineer. We have about 40 of those, they are junk, but if you have only $200 or so in it, then it would be a deal, just my .02

SG
Kilgore: Smell that? You smell that?
Lance: What?
Kilgore: Napalm, son. Nothing in the world smells like that.
Kilgore: I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end...

Post by resqguy911 »

Fair enough. We have about 10 of them in service, but our CF30s blow them away. Its a shame to see them go to waste. The ML910 looks a little better then the 900, but I'm not going to waste money again. I guess this is an open request to anyone who knows where to get a spare ML900 gps chipset...
securitymikey
New User

Post by securitymikey »

Ok a tech at the shop I buy radio stuff from said he could order the AC adapter from big M for $200.00....Why am I not suprised on the price. Still no word on the port cover or rubber feet I was looing for as he couldn't find the part number. I am just glad I don't need anything else for this unit. My Toughbook is a lot better for finding parts though.
resqguy911

Post by resqguy911 »

For a power adapter, you could get this 12V unit from Lind. http://www.lindelectronics.com/cgi-bin/ ... il_product

Return to “Computer/Technical Assistance”