motorola minitor II

This forum is focused on discussing Digital and Voice paging equipment, protocol's, infrastructure, and Motorola specific hardware used. Please refrain from discussing different ways to monitor the digital paging systems due to the legalities of such.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

kd5wfy
New User

motorola minitor II

Post by kd5wfy »

i have a motorola minitor II and the volume knob is starting to go out. every once in a while when the tones go off and there is voice the volume will drop really low till you tap on the volume knob. i have already re soldered it just to make sure that is was not a cold joint still have the same problem. also is there a way just to bypass the volume knob all togeather just like the fixed alert setting, so that the volume is set to the highest setting.

once again thanks for your time

brian youngblood
capt. newalla fire dept
4MR_NST
New User
What radios do you own?: 900MHz trunk & paging

Re: motorola minitor II

Post by 4MR_NST »

I worked on Director II SV pagers and found a quick fix for flakey volume pot was to open it up and clean out the contacts under the plastic cover. A quetip with cramolin removed the carbon buildup and would often fix the dead spots where the wiper made contact.

Otherwise, you can find another volume pot from a junker and replace it...

I don't have the manual right now to investigate your question about bypassing it to full volume. Again, I'm assuming the Director II SV is the same as Minitor II, but I'm not sure.

Return to “Motorola Digital and Voice Paging”