Pyramid SVR200 to CDM/TK-7180 interface

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

NSPD
What radios do you own?: Motorola FR50!

Pyramid SVR200 to CDM/TK-7180 interface

Post by NSPD »

Has anyone ever tried to interface a Pyramid SVR-200 mobile repeater to multiple radios? I would like to connect it to a 220mhz CDM155LS+, VHF TK-7180, and a UHF CDM1250.

I have a feeling it's not possible, but it would be nice.

Thanks for any help/suggestions....
Jake
twowaytekk

Re: Pyramid SVR200 to CDM/TK-7180 interface

Post by twowaytekk »

Without even looking at the tech bulletins for each radio I would say I doubt it. The main reason for this is because the SVR has jumpers inside the radio and they are either in/out for each radio and then the SVR has to be tuned for the radio. The wideband SVR units are cheap enough on the other auction site. Just buy a few more. However you probably aren't going to be able to more than one SVR to be active at a time (without some serious filters, and SVR tweaking) because of the desense.

As a side note these are nice units, and can easily be programmed with the Vertex VPL-1 programming cable. Pyramid is also now offering "smart cables" to interface with some select radios. These eliminate radio modifications and only cost $100.

Mark
/\/\y 2 cents
On Moderation
What radios do you own?: iPhone, Blackberry, HT220

Post by /\/\y 2 cents »

Folks,

This should be pretty straightforward. Just run everything in parallel out of SVR to the appropriate pin #'s on the associated radios.

Where are you located?

Steve
ces911
What radios do you own?: APX8000,NX5210

Post by ces911 »

You can only Connect to one radio. Because you have to solder inernals for each perticular radio,
I monitor my PM's, So I should reply fairly quick...
FatBoy

Post by FatBoy »

Expensive way to do it would be an interoperability gateway or possibly one of Critical RF's solutions where everything is tied into one "place." This would require a metric ass load of money or on board computers and radio interfaces. FatBoy.

PS, I do not work for Critical RF
......I understand what the package says sir, but you cannot talk 28 miles with 3 AA batteries.......

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”