BatLounge is down...

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

k4wtf
Batboard $upporter

BatLounge is down...

Post by k4wtf »

Hi folks...

Sorry it's been so long since I've been here and even more sorry for letting you all down...

The batlounge is down until further notice. This is *NOT* by my choosing. Believe me! Rick can tell you that in the past three years, he's called me twice when there was an "issue" with the lounge and in both instances, it was corrected within a few moments of me getting the email.

As it stands, life has once again gotten in the way of radio. Due to circumstances beyond my control, the Lounge no longer has a home and further, I don't even have access to the SQL database that "is" the Lounge.

I will be heading to Bolivia in the next few days in effort to try to feed my family. (BTW: RadioWife is a psycho-twinkie and PLEASE don't feel sorry for her any further!

Again, I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

73 de John - K4WTF
Check out The New and Improved Bat Lounge

http://www.batlounge.us
SlimBob

Re: BatLounge is down...

Post by SlimBob »

I forgot we even had a lounge.
spectragod
What radios do you own?: FPP 6 meter XTL 5K's

Post by spectragod »

Maybe this site will pick up the traffic from it??
Kilgore: Smell that? You smell that?
Lance: What?
Kilgore: Napalm, son. Nothing in the world smells like that.
Kilgore: I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end...

What radios do you own?: W7 FPP lowband MaraTrac w/AES

Post by 007 »

The lounge kind of just fell by the wayside for a lot us, myself included. Hell, I don't even log in over here but once a month or so.
Do not make Sig angry...he'll just keep ringing the bell.
spectragod
What radios do you own?: FPP 6 meter XTL 5K's

Post by spectragod »

I never even registered.... with my user name at least. Looked around, didn't catch my attention all that much. Some threads were entertaining though.
Kilgore: Smell that? You smell that?
Lance: What?
Kilgore: Napalm, son. Nothing in the world smells like that.
Kilgore: I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end...

Administrator

Post by wavetar »

spectragod wrote:Maybe this site will pick up the traffic from it??
Not that there was a lot of traffic, but no...we had a lounge & it was a failed experiment, here at least.
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
FireCpt809
What radios do you own?: Alot..

Post by FireCpt809 »

The lounge was kind of what Hamsexy is today. It was an off shoot of an idea created in the lounge that some of the founders of HS took and ran. It worked out good because it kept this board more radio related. I think John's batlounge didn't do as well because HS was established already. Im was a Batlounge and still a HS member.
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

I agree...HS is much more the old lounge than the batlounge came to be, plus a lot more. I also am a member of both.
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
WV6Z
New User

Post by WV6Z »

Well, as hard as it may be to believe, I have actually registered and am making my first post here.

Anywho, to keep it brief, as it would appear by John's post that there is the real possibility that all history from BatLounge has been lost, please be advised that Rick is making a noble effort to relaunch The BatLounge. Please pop by to support him in bringing the group there back together via a means that quite likely cannot be lost. Rick is trying to be sure to include the foundation for all past content of the forum, you guys just need to get over there and provide the content once again.

The link to The BatLounge is http://batlounge.proboards.com

*John, if by chance you stumble across this thread, we're thinking about you bro. Good luck on your adventures and give Rick or I a call when you get a chance.*
High_order1

Post by High_order1 »

Since we are talking about alternate boards, and we all are appear to be members of them all, what happened Hamsexy???

First the Lounge started having problems, then HSF. I blame motorola.... lol

On a serious note, I have ALWAYS appreciated the other forums. Because of how critical a resource the Labs have been (and I remember the labs back to at least the first or second iteration) I recognize the need to be very careful and discreet here.

I need a place where I can really talk smack, and make fun of certain people and places that either take themselves waaaaay too seriously, or are so, so messed up that they defy logic. You just can't do that here. And, the other boards that exist are loaded with trolls and the Self-Righteous Thread Police, or the actual owners modulate your comments or ban you entirely for pointing out that occasionally, the emperor has no clothes.

I am partly to blame. I will donate more in 2010. Sorry.

-Shawn "High Order" Hughes
mancow
Batboard $upporter

Post by mancow »

Doubt it, as no attempt at humor is allowed....not complaning...just saying.
spectragod wrote:Maybe this site will pick up the traffic from it??
ka8ypy

Post by ka8ypy »

High_order1 wrote:Since we are talking about alternate boards, and we all are appear to be members of them all, what happened Hamsexy???

First the Lounge started having problems, then HSF. I blame motorola.... lol

On a serious note, I have ALWAYS appreciated the other forums. Because of how critical a resource the Labs have been (and I remember the labs back to at least the first or second iteration) I recognize the need to be very careful and discreet here.

I need a place where I can really talk smack, and make fun of certain people and places that either take themselves waaaaay too seriously, or are so, so messed up that they defy logic. You just can't do that here. And, the other boards that exist are loaded with trolls and the Self-Righteous Thread Police, or the actual owners modulate your comments or ban you entirely for pointing out that occasionally, the emperor has no clothes.

I am partly to blame. I will donate more in 2010. Sorry.

-Shawn "High Order" Hughes
Shawn,

answer to the hamsexy question is posted over on the new Batlounge.
kf4sqb
What radios do you own?: I can't enter that much....

Post by kf4sqb »

I was wondering what had happened to the old lounge. I've registered, and am awaiting account activation. John, sorry to hear about your problems, and I hope everything works out for you in the long run.
kf4sqb "at" wetsnet "dot" com

Look for the new "Jedi" series portables!

Bat-Phone= BAT-CAVE (2283)

-.- .. ....- -.-. -.-- . .. ... -- -.-- -... .-. --- - .... . .-. .-.-.-
motor59
Batboard $upporter

Post by motor59 »

Also standing by, awaiting activation.

I was wondering what happened to all the pirate and cookie icons...
"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. "

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”