Advisor Gold Issues

This forum is focused on discussing Digital and Voice paging equipment, protocol's, infrastructure, and Motorola specific hardware used. Please refrain from discussing different ways to monitor the digital paging systems due to the legalities of such.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

sourapple613

Advisor Gold Issues

Post by sourapple613 »

A neighboring FD got a hold of some Advisor Golds set on the proper VHF county frequency. HOWEVER they set the baud rate for 2400 instead of 1200.

I read it with proper software, change the baud rate, and it gives me the nasty gram frequency out of receiver range or something along those lines.

Is there a way to force the pager to accept the frequency like they obviously had to before I touched it??

Thanks
sourapple613

Re: Advisor Gold Issues

Post by sourapple613 »

bump.... still meddling with this stupid thing
2wayguy
Batboard $upporter

Post by 2wayguy »

What software are you using to read them with?
sourapple613

Post by sourapple613 »

Okay the Advisor Gold has been fixed. (Was using UNI Software)

However now I have the same issue on a Unication Gold

Using software version R06.15.12 2007/11/22
Pager programming software for PRODUCT - ALPHA GOLD

Pager is currently on 152.2450
Need to go to 154.785

Says Verizon Wireless on the outside so possibly an ex Verizon Pager.
Does have the green stripe in the button so I thought that meant elite but the markings on the back say it is a gold.
(Tried the elite software with no success at all)

Model Number: A3A1ADV2213A

When changing the frequency to anything 153.000 and above it says "WARNING: Frequency entered is not in the range of the reciever Any other key to abort"

I can't get past that screen and I don't know why.

Any ideas?
Sikdmax
New User

Post by Sikdmax »

Just a guess here... but with that information it seems as if the upper end of that units receiver is 153.000 Mhz. Their 152.xxx was in range, but the 154.xxx you are taking it to is out of range. As far as modifying the Advisor/Elites out of band, no idea.
sourapple613

Post by sourapple613 »

Sikdmax wrote:Just a guess here... but with that information it seems as if the upper end of that units receiver is 153.000 Mhz. Their 152.xxx was in range, but the 154.xxx you are taking it to is out of range. As far as modifying the Advisor/Elites out of band, no idea.
That was my guess as well.... Its odd a Gold can do it along with a Advisor II... maybe someone can help me take it out of band :lol:

Return to “Motorola Digital and Voice Paging”