Minitor V Programming & Serial Numbers

This forum is focused on discussing Digital and Voice paging equipment, protocol's, infrastructure, and Motorola specific hardware used. Please refrain from discussing different ways to monitor the digital paging systems due to the legalities of such.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

HRN

Minitor V Programming & Serial Numbers

Post by HRN »

I went to program a pager this evening and it appeared as I read the code plug, that it had a different serial number on the firmware vs. what was on the case. I looked at the pager on my side because the serial number on the firmware looked familiar. After thinking about it, I remember using my code plug to put in this pager a while back. Is there any way to get the original serial number back on the firmware? The pager is still under warranty on the correct serial number, however, the firmware doesn't display the correct serial number. I thought I had done this process before and it didn't overlay serial numbers, but it did this time.

Thank you,
Jason
Batwings21

Re: Minitor V Programming & Serial Numbers

Post by Batwings21 »

Did you by chance modify your min v pps for engineering mode? In that mode it will overwrite the internal sn.
HRN

Post by HRN »

I did, indeed. Any way to go into a hex editor and get it back to the original? Or any other ideas? So, it sounds like, as long as I do that in a version that isn't setup for Engineering mode, I'm good to go.
Batwings21

Post by Batwings21 »

In order to change it back, I would suggest going into engineering mode and seeing if you can change it back.

Return to “Motorola Digital and Voice Paging”