CP200 RE-flashing...

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

pacwire

CP200 RE-flashing...

Post by pacwire »

I have a bunch of CP200's that im trying to upgrade their firmware. I have the RLN5583A CP200 Flashing Adapter. I also have the Commercial Series Portable Firmware kit 3.04.02. My problem is that i haven't been able to put these radios into bootstrap. It seems that everytime i try, it "fails". Has anyone been successful in doing this?

Thanks for your assistance in advance
Al

Re: CP200 RE-flashing...

Post by Al »

I've never had a problem getting the CPs into bootstrap mode with the same flashing adapter that you're using. Have you tried opening it up and checking the internal 9V battery? If the battery's dead, you'll never get it into [re]flash mode.
pacwire

Post by pacwire »

"internal 9V Battery"? I know of the battery that's located when you remove the battery cover. I changed that. But your saying there's another battery?
Al

Post by Al »

That's the one....under the removable cover(I was remembering that it was inside the box, and didn't remember the removable cover). There's only one, and that's *it*. If you put a milliammeter across the tip and sleeve of the smaller of the two plugs on the radio connector, you should see -8 or -9 ma. indicated because the 9V battery has 1K ohm in series with it(with the switch in flash position, of course). If that checks, the radio should go into bootstrap mode. Rather than use the radio's power switch to reinitialize, I've just removed the radio's battery for 10 seconds or so after switching to flash.
FatBoy

Post by FatBoy »

Are you using a fully power rib, connected to a 9 pin serial? Then connecting your flash adapter to the rib?
......I understand what the package says sir, but you cannot talk 28 miles with 3 AA batteries.......

Return to “Radio Programming”