Editing Wikipedia Motorola paging articles....

This forum is focused on discussing Digital and Voice paging equipment, protocol's, infrastructure, and Motorola specific hardware used. Please refrain from discussing different ways to monitor the digital paging systems due to the legalities of such.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

acadiel
New User

Editing Wikipedia Motorola paging articles....

Post by acadiel »

Hey guys -

I know this is a slow board, but I really could use some help - I'd like to get Wikipedia up to date a little more with Motorola Paging information. There's a current list of Motorola products here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Motorola_products

Here's what I would like to do. In this thread, I need the following information. (I'd like to put the paging products in chronological order if at all possible.)

* Product Name:
a) Product Picture (yours, if you have a nice one):
b) Frequencies (<100, 100, 400, 900) it operated on as well as protocol (GoLay, POGSAC, FLEX)
c) Years it was produced/marketed
d) Synthesized or crystal controlled

Other stuff that would be nice to have would be:

e) Motorola Part number
f) Cradle and Software versions used to program the unit (I also have some that I can take pictures of myself)
g) What colors it came in (if it was not just black-only)

My goal is that if it's something like the Advisor, the chart could easily differentiate between the Gold, Elite, etc. (i.e. the Gold was crystal, the Elite was synthesized)

Who's with me on this? Here's the current list from Wikipedia. Anyone want to take a stab in putting it in Chronological order?

Tone and voice

Motorola Pageboy
Motorola METRX
Pageboy II
AT&T Bellboy
AT&T Bellboy II
Dimension IV
Motorola Director
Director II
Motorola BPR2000
Motorola Gold Line Pen Pager

Numeric

Bravo Alpha
Bravo/Lifestyle
Bravo Classic
Bravo FLX/Pro Encore
Bravo Instinct
Bravo Lx/Encore
Bravo Plus
BR850
eXpress Xtra
eXpress Xtra FLX
GoldLine Pen
LS350
LS550
LS750
Pronto
Pronto FLX
Renegade
Ultra Express

Alphanumeric

Advisor
Advisor Elite
Advisor Gold
Advisor Pro
Everest
Memo Express
Motorola Optrx
Jazz
Jazz Flex
Scriptor
Scriptor Linguist
Motorola 9501 (Iridium)

Personal Interactive Communicator
T900

This knowledge is getting to be harder and harder to come by, and I would love for us to be able to preserve it as well as possible.

Return to “Motorola Digital and Voice Paging”