MinV Priority Scan

This forum is focused on discussing Digital and Voice paging equipment, protocol's, infrastructure, and Motorola specific hardware used. Please refrain from discussing different ways to monitor the digital paging systems due to the legalities of such.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

kinnelonfire75
New User
What radios do you own?: Min4, Min5, CDM1250, HT1250

MinV Priority Scan

Post by kinnelonfire75 »

Can someone lead me through how to do priority scan. Basically this is to trouble shoot an issue. I attempted to add a second frequency and scan it but to priority back to f1. There is no traffic while in priority scan mode. If i hold down the push to listen button the yellow led blinks. when i let go it stops. does that mean something? I am attempting to resolve the issue on my own through trial and error.

Monitoring F1 works on its own. I am not able to solely monitor F2 to test it as I cannot miss alerts on F1. Any and all help is appreciated. Not sure if it helps:

F1 - my town fire frequency 470.925 (has always worked flawlessly)
F2 - my town police frequency 477.350 (i added this into the pager)

Firmware is 3.0.0.
Codeplug is version 0.036
Under model options, priority scan f1 is on and i cannot edit it from that tab. Next to it is a changeable box that says .512 seconds.
Fixed Alert - off
Priority Alert - off (should this be on???)

I have learned to navigate through the software through a mix of trial and error and reading where ever i can pick up on it. I have also not changed options without knowing their effects. So i have not tested changing fixed/priority alerts, or timing intervals. I have gone through all 8 pages of this subforum reading various Min 3/4/5 texts to learn as much as i can.

This is a "factory unit". The only modification that i made is changed it from 1 frequency to 2 frequencies. It should not be damaged.

Thanks for your help.
MOTO_LR

Re: Minitor V Priority Scan

Post by MOTO_LR »

What options are selected for the Mode Switch position that you are using when you are scanning both channels?
Also what UHF sub-band is your Minitor V? (What information is on the small label on the back of the pager)

Bob
kinnelonfire75
New User
What radios do you own?: Min4, Min5, CDM1250, HT1250

Re: MinV Priority Scan

Post by kinnelonfire75 »

Model A04KMS9239BC
Band Split H: 470 - 477.9875 MHz

SW-A
Priority Scan F1
Alert Type: Tone

Thats it. All the other switches work the way i want them

B: Monitor F1 Tone
C: Selective Call F1 Vibrate PTL
D: Monitor F1 Tone & Vibrate

So I want to monitor f2 (PD) but revert to f1 (primary fire) for all channel traffic, especially tones...

Does that help? I had sent my code plug to someone who offered their help but they never got back to me...I can send it to who ever is interested in taking a look.

Thanks

Return to “Motorola Digital and Voice Paging”