Apollo Pager Programming

This forum is focused on discussing Digital and Voice paging equipment, protocol's, infrastructure, and Motorola specific hardware used. Please refrain from discussing different ways to monitor the digital paging systems due to the legalities of such.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

topramen
New User

Apollo Pager Programming

Post by topramen »

I've been searching the net from head to toe and trying to figure out how to program an Apollo Pager to pages for a range of capcodes (as in using a wildcard in the capcode) There's another thread (http://batboard.batlabs.com/viewtopic.p ... lo#p172819) that says it's possible, but I'd like to know how before going out and buying a pager that'll be useless to me.

Is it as simple as typing 0602*** into the programming software?

Apologies in advanced for my stupidity/ignorance. I've been reading the boards for years and finally have a reason to sign up and ask a question. :-p

Because I know i'll be questioned on WHY I'd like to do this, I'm consulting for a public safety agency who has several personnel who wish to monitor all the pages for their jurisdiction, however the paging system is setup so that each individual pager has it's own cap code and there are too many capcodes (approximately 10 per jurisdiction) to program them all into the pager. The system is POCSAG and Bitrate is 512.
Tom in D.C.
What radios do you own?: Progreso soup can with CRT

Re: Apollo Pager Programming

Post by Tom in D.C. »

Try the Apollo website. I found it at http://www.apollowireless.com/jsp/front ... ftware.jsp.

We try as much as possible to stick to Motorola stuff on this Board.
Tom in D.C.
In 1920, the U.S. Post Office Department ruled
that children may not be sent by parcel post.
topramen
New User

Post by topramen »

I realize that, but this board has the collective knowledge to take over a continent or two and that's why I asked. :) If anyone can tell me how to modify a Motorola pager to do the same thing, I'm all ears. I'd rather use batwing equipment anyway :)
kinnelonfire75
New User
What radios do you own?: Min4, Min5, CDM1250, HT1250

Post by kinnelonfire75 »

We can help you reprogram a motorola pager...

What model pager? Do you have the appropriate software and cradles/cables? Without them, no amount of help that we can give will help...
topramen
New User

Post by topramen »

i'm going to buy them, is it possible to do wildcard capcodes with a motorola pager? if not, which one supports the most capcodes?

Return to “Motorola Digital and Voice Paging”