Minimum hang time for GM300 repeater?

This forum is for discussions regarding System Infrastructure and Related Equipment. This includes but is not limited to repeaters, base stations, consoles, voters, Voice over IP, system design and implementation, and other related topics.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

boteman
What radios do you own?: AudioMate 360

Minimum hang time for GM300 repeater?

Post by boteman »

A customer has a repeater (not sold nor serviced by me), the typical small job that houses a couple GM300 or equivalent UHF radios.

We have recently installed another subscriber radio to patch them over the air to a sister repeater and need to get their radio shop to shorten the hang time. What is the minimum hang time allowable on that class of repeaters? I'm hoping it's much less than 1 second.

I'm basically doing CYA research. Thanks for any info or pointers to documentation you can provide.
Doug
Batboard $upporter

Re: Minimum hang time for GM300 repeater?

Post by Doug »

Is it using a RICK controller? If so inside the RICK there are small switches on S2 #10 off and #11 on should shorten up hang timer. If 10 is on and 11 is off it gives you a 1.5 second hang time
Doug
May the Schwarz be with you.
boteman

Post by boteman »

I can't swear to what controller it uses, but it looks extremely similar to

plus or minus different radios.

If 1.5 seconds is the minimum hang time that can be programmed, then I'll have to look elsewhere for solutions. I can't believe Motorola did not provide for shorter hang times, I mean the 1960s and tube equipment have been gone for quite a while.

It would be really cool if I could interface my gateway to the repeater radios, but I'm sure the RICK wouldn't be too happy with double terminations.
Bill_G

Post by Bill_G »

With a RICK you can get 3s, 1.5s, and 0 depending on S2-10 & 11. On / On will get you zero.
boteman

Post by boteman »

That's the ticket! Thanx!
Bill_G

Post by Bill_G »

de nada

Return to “Base Stations, Repeaters, General Infrastructure”