Scan list issue with XTS 2500

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

darkstar2002
New User

Scan list issue with XTS 2500

Post by darkstar2002 »

I am having a problem with a couple of XTS 2500's where I can not program the scan list on the radio. I can chose program, scan and then it brings up the ability to scroll left or right threw the zones but I can not go up or down to select inside of the zones. I have CPS software and cable to make changes. I just not sure what I need change in programing to make this work.

Host ver R12.00.00
DSP ver R12.00.00
Tuning ver R1.08.04
RKG

Re: Scan list issue with XTS 2500

Post by RKG »

darkstar2002 wrote:I am having a problem with a couple of XTS 2500's where I can not program the scan list on the radio. I can chose program, scan and then it brings up the ability to scroll left or right threw the zones but I can not go up or down to select inside of the zones. I have CPS software and cable to make changes. I just not sure what I need change in programing to make this work.

Host ver R12.00.00
DSP ver R12.00.00
Tuning ver R1.08.04
Assuming the codeplug is set for OpSel for non-priority members of the scan list attached to the selected channel when scan list program mode is invoked: to scroll through potential list member candidates, you use the left/right arrows for changing zones and the channel selector for changing channels within a zone (not the up/down arrows).
darkstar2002
New User

Post by darkstar2002 »

Using the rotery knob does work. We have several other 2500's that are 12.00.17 and we can use the up/down buttons to go threw the zone.
RKG

Post by RKG »

darkstar2002 wrote:Using the rotery knob does work. We have several other 2500's that are 12.00.17 and we can use the up/down buttons to go threw the zone.
My guess is that the radios you refer to are not programmed for "Channel Select" for the "Rotary Knob" in the "Controls" page.

The behavior I've described for manipulating the user-programmable scan list function have been consistent from FW 7 through FW 14. At least for radios that are programmed for Rotary Knob = Channel Select.
darkstar2002
New User

Post by darkstar2002 »

Both radios have the rotary control set to channel select.
RKG

Post by RKG »

darkstar2002 wrote:Both radios have the rotary control set to channel select.
Then, without seeing the radios, I'm without an explanation. As stated, the reported behavior is different from everything I've ever seen with these radios, and I manage a couple of large fleets of them. But, then, this is Motorola land, the world of endless surprises.
akardam

Post by akardam »

The Release Notes for R12.00.10 firmware wrote:Abstract: Scan List Programming is limited and does not fully utilize the
Navigation Pad.
System Platforms Affected: Analog conventional, Astro Conventional, 3600 and APCO
25 Trunking
Special Configurations: Scan List Programming in use
User Symptom: When the rotary control is programmed for Channel in portables, and
the radio is in Scan List Programming (SLP) mode, you can only add the first 16
channels in the Zone to the Scan List. That means if the Zone has 20 channels, and
you want to select Channel 17, you need to exit SLP, go to that channel, and launch
SLP again. Also, SLP is limited in that when the NavPad is used, you can browse
through the zones, but not the channels.
Description: SLP has been brought back to R09.00.00 functionality, meaning that if
you have more than 16 channels in a Zone, you can now scroll through all of them
without exiting SLP. To further add flexibility, the use of the UP/DOWN button in
the NavPad has been added.
The solution is to order firmware refreshes for your subscribers that are not at R12.00.10 or higher already.
RKG

Post by RKG »

One learns something every day.

Return to “Radio Programming”