Motorola MCS2000

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

marcus
What radios do you own?: Mototrbo XPR5550 XPR7550

Motorola MCS2000

Post by marcus »

Looking for the 12volt replacement cable for my MCS2000, it is the 110watt version...is this HKN4191B the replacement for the high power model...or is there another, it states that it's good to 60watts?? Thanks all..

Marc
Marc
W2MLH
Norman
New User

Re: Motorola MCS2000

Post by Norman »

I'm too cheap to buy genuine Motorola harnesses. Most knock-offs are wrapped in impressive looking thick insulation but have very thin wire inside. I discovered this when one of the knock-offs I bought had a bad connection to the fuse holder. I cut off the fuse holder and discovered some very thin wire was used which looked to be about 18-gauge.

So I decided to take a trip to my local auto parts store and picked up all the components needed to make my own quality, custom-length harnesses:

ImageImage
http://www.amazon.com/Reese-Towpower-85 ... B0008G1PLO

2-wire polarized connector
in-line blade-type fuse holder
bag of blade fuses (you'll probably need 10-amp fuses but check your manual).
spools of red and black 8-gauge primary wire

You can find these items in the electrical/towing isle in your local AutoZone, O'Reilly, or similar auto parts store. Total cost was around $8 plus the cost of the wire. You might get a better price on the wire at Home Depot or Lowes.

Don't forget to pick up a bag of 8-gauge butt connectors and a ratcheting crimper if you don't have them already.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”