2x GM300 programmed as a repeater

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

lancerice
What radios do you own?: GM300's, GM350's, Visar's

2x GM300 programmed as a repeater

Post by lancerice »

i have 2 gm300 vhf radios and i want to use them as a repeater, I have a 60ft tower with 2 vhf antennas, I have a 25amp power supply to run the 2 radios, rg213 antenna cable, I have it all in a steel box with a fan drawing cool air in to the radios, but I'm not complety sure about the programming, I have the TX frequency and RX frequency, but what frequency do I put on the RX side of the TX radio and what frequency do I put on the TX side of the RX radio, as one radio receives and the other transmits.

Any help would be most greatful

Thanks Lance
Norman
New User

Re: 2x GM300 programmed as a repeater

Post by Norman »

lancerice wrote:...but what frequency do I put on the RX side of the TX radio and what frequency do I put on the TX side of the RX radio...
It doesn't matter. Whatever RX you put in the transmitter and whatever TX you put in the receiver won't affect your repeater operations.

However, I'd suggest you put your repeater INPUT RX frequency into your transmitter. That way you can turn up the volume on that radio and monitor the input. If you attach a local mic to that radio, you'll of course be able to talk to users on the output.
DPL

Post by DPL »

You can program them both the same. The repeater's TX frequency goes in the TX frequency field for each radio, and likewise for the RX frequency. Obviously only one radio will be the transmitter and one the receiver, but programming them the same means you don't have to remember which one is which when you hook them up, and if the transmitter on one fails you just swap radios.
lancerice
What radios do you own?: GM300's, GM350's, Visar's

Post by lancerice »

thank you for your help, this clears up what I nedded to know, thanks again

Lance

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”