Quantar/Quantro Wildcard interfacing questions

This forum is for discussions regarding System Infrastructure and Related Equipment. This includes but is not limited to repeaters, base stations, consoles, voters, Voice over IP, system design and implementation, and other related topics.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

radioman450
New User

Quantar/Quantro Wildcard interfacing questions

Post by radioman450 »

I have a quantro repeater and the wildcard options (basic) are able to be enabled via the software. Right now I am able to enable (key the radio) using the PTT via the Telco connector but I cannot get a COR/COS signal from the Telco connector. Is it possible that the relay/optocoupler is dead? If so, how do I enable both the PTT and the COS/COR via the telco connector using wildcards? When I go from wildcards disabled to enabled in the software and do nothing else, I lose the PTT input on the telco. How can i re-enable the PTT and also enable a COR output? New to the entire idea of wildcards on the repeater. I have read the guide that comes with the software and it still seems confusing. Thanks in advance for the help.
Batboard $upporter

Re: Quantar/Quantro Wildcard interfacing questions

Post by 515 »

Looking at the manual, it mentions that Telco connector pins 18 & 43 can be used as relay closure output for "Carrier Indication". That is, you should see continuity between 18 and 43 when the station receives a valid signal. From what I remember, the default wildcard configuration triggered a relay on reception of a signal. You can easily hear the relay click when the station receives a valid signal, and when the signal disappears.

It also mentions the wildcard tables may be edited to provide the carrier indication signal on Telco pin 38 as a transistor-buffered output instead of a relay closure.
dsheli

Re: Quantar/Quantro Wildcard interfacing questions

Post by dsheli »

Looks like we figured it out, switching the repeater from mixed mode to Analog conventional fixed the COR activation issue on the telco connector.

Return to “Base Stations, Repeaters, General Infrastructure”