Astro ID aliasing??

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Josh
What radios do you own?: APX4K, XTL5K, NX5200, NX700HK

Astro ID aliasing??

Post by Josh »

Is it possible for the IDs given through the Digital ID display function to be aliased to a word? I'd like "753098' to read 'Station 7' or whatever instead of a long set of decimal digits headed by a 7.

Is it possible? If so, how?

-Josh
Josh

Post by Josh »

r0f wrote:I think this is only possible on ASTRO Conventional personalities.. (Soft ID) But I will take a look.. (Didn't I say I'd do that last night for you? Too busy, sorry about that)

Shaun
Yes, you did, however It seemed to turn up a dead end. Plus, I had planned on writing it here origially, but the board was down all night.

-Josh
Josh

Post by Josh »

r0f wrote:Hey,

Well here's what we're at..

I've played with 2 radios that have soft ID. It's not working. The only thing that is showing up on the screen, is the ID (Specified in ASTRO system config, conventional) and I can't get the soft ID I assigned to show up.

I know in your application, you wish to use this for a trunked system. The only way that I can think of, to enable alpha aliasing, is if you add them to your F5 Trunk Call list. Maybe when the tagged user talks, their alpha tag will show up, instead of the actual radio ID? Keep in mind you'd need the F3/F6/F7 (ID Display) turned on. This is a flash option. I know you have it.

Sorry, can't test. Too many dispatchers here, and each console has it's own ID, for EACH talkgroup. (about 100 ID's/ per console). They alternate in handling calls, so the chances of me seeing a repeat ID tonight are slim.

Shaun
Well, I tried the trunked call list deal to no avaial. 753098 is still 753098.

-Josh
Twisted_Pear
Batboard $upporter

Post by Twisted_Pear »

I've seen it done with an MTS-2000 by entering the info into the call list but have yet to see it happen for an ASTRO.

Not much help but FWIW.

-Wayne

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”