Spectra to TNC pinout

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

ka8ypy

Spectra to TNC pinout

Post by ka8ypy »

I have searched and failed, I am looking for the pinouts needed to hook up a TNC to a high power Spectra?

I have a few spare VHF units that I would like to play with.

Also, jumper position to use the drawer without a control head (if possible)?

Thanks,

Dan
Jim202

Re: Spectra to TNC pinout

Post by Jim202 »

ka8ypy wrote:I have searched and failed, I am looking for the pinouts needed to hook up a TNC to a high power Spectra?

I have a few spare VHF units that I would like to play with.

Also, jumper position to use the drawer without a control head (if possible)?

Thanks,

Dan

There are a number of sites with the information your looking for. One of them is the batlabs.com site. Another is the repeater builders site. The third and probably most inclusive site is the mike B web site. You can be led to it from any of the above sites. Plenty of information there for the taking.

Jim
JAYMZ
What radios do you own?: Radar Range

Post by JAYMZ »

Dan, Pins 23 and 24 (or 24 and 25) jumpered on the 25 pin connector will power the radio to the home channel without the control head.

http://www.batlabs.com/images/dufchns.gif

http://www.batlabs.com/spectra.html And scroll down to where it says how to connect to a data controller.

Also, to extend the life (and use less power) on a 110 watt Spectra in this configuration tune it back to like 70 watts or so. My APRS digi in "da mountains" is running a 110 watt Spectra currently after someone stole the radio that was there.
JAYMZ

"Mom and dad say I should make my life an example of the principles I believe in. But every time I do, they tell me to stop it."
Calvin
ka8ypy

Post by ka8ypy »

Thank you all.
Pj
What radios do you own?: X9000 thru APX

Post by Pj »

JAYMZ wrote:Also, to extend the life (and use less power) on a 110 watt Spectra in this configuration tune it back to like 70 watts or so. My APRS digi in "da mountains" is running a 110 watt Spectra currently after someone stole the radio that was there.
Must be with that antenna then..

We should have grabbed that GMRS repeater there...bet it was those guys
Lowband radio. The original and non-complicated wide area interoperable communications system
JAYMZ
What radios do you own?: Radar Range

Post by JAYMZ »

Pj wrote:
JAYMZ wrote:Also, to extend the life (and use less power) on a 110 watt Spectra in this configuration tune it back to like 70 watts or so. My APRS digi in "da mountains" is running a 110 watt Spectra currently after someone stole the radio that was there.
Must be with that antenna then..

We should have grabbed that GMRS repeater there...bet it was those guys
It was those guys. I never told you... I found the antenna. They took it and then mounted the top half of it to the utility pole hooked to their stuff. After a letter from my lawyer, they paid me for the antenna. All my stuff is now locked in a cabinet which is bolted to one of the metal uprights in the building.
JAYMZ

"Mom and dad say I should make my life an example of the principles I believe in. But every time I do, they tell me to stop it."
Calvin

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”