2004 Impala WigWags

This forum is dedicated to helping people with questions about installing radio equipment in vehicles. This can include antenna installs, electrical wiring questions/problems, and mounting systems. Pictures of installs are welcome.

Note: Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other equipment now has its own forum in the 'off-topic' section below.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

familo77

2004 Impala WigWags

Post by familo77 »

This has been covered before, but I wanted clarification.

I'm looking to use a simple headlight flasher and traffic backer on a 2004 civilian Impala. I'm looking for the most "plug and play" system available. Whelen makes the UHF2150B, but I have been told that the harness doesn't line up with the civilian Impala.

Someone in "the know" please recommend the best units for headlights and the traffic backer. I don't want to use the sound-off model because it has a night-time cutout.
familo77

Post by familo77 »

Also, is the Galls Multi-pattern flasher a viable option? The review listed with this item states that it is only compatable with the police package.
ESDA20

Post by ESDA20 »

There is no "plug n' play" version for the civilian Impala.

You have to use something like the SoundOff Impala flasher and cut the wires as indicated in the instructions.
FFParamedic571
Banned

Post by FFParamedic571 »

the night time cut off is only an option.. you dont have to use it. I install them all the time.
jim

Post by jim »

The Sound-Off has a DRL cutout.

Just a little tidbit of info: The Sound-Off is the only unit approved by GM for use on the Impala.
familo77

Post by familo77 »

Thanks folks. I read somewhere on the board that the Sound-Off basically plugs into the harness behind the passenger side headlight, and on the civilian model you simply have to run the wire for switching. If anyone can confirm this I'll be all set!
ESDA20

Post by ESDA20 »

Yes, it does: On the Police package.

There is no 'plug' version for the Civilian model. Unless something has changed lately.
What radios do you own?: W7 FPP lowband MaraTrac w/AES

Post by 007 »

jim wrote:The Sound-Off has a DRL cutout.

Just a little tidbit of info: The Sound-Off is the only unit approved by GM for use on the Impala.
As in the DRL's can be disabled by the headlight flasher, when installed correctly....?
Do not make Sig angry...he'll just keep ringing the bell.
jim

Post by jim »

It disables them when the wigwags are on. It doesn't let you turn them off any other time.
What radios do you own?: W7 FPP lowband MaraTrac w/AES

Post by 007 »

Ok, that's what I thought...didn't want to get my hopes up :o
Do not make Sig angry...he'll just keep ringing the bell.

Return to “Vehicle Radio Installs”