Spectra A9 & DEK

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

scvfd1204
What radios do you own?: Most older style legacy gear..

Spectra A9 & DEK

Post by scvfd1204 »

I am trying to locate exactly what items are needed to connect a Siren/PA DEK to an A9 Spectra head, non-Astro.

I was trying to piece the info together from several sources of info on the net, and I am beginning to get confused.

What is the part number for the cable that connects from the VIP port on the back of the A9 head and goes into the input for the DEK box. I am assuming that is where the connections actually go.

Thanks for any help.

Jeff
Surf City, NC
"Sniffing RF for a living doesn't have any long term effects...effects...effects...effects."
twowaytekk

Re: Spectra A9 & DEK

Post by twowaytekk »

Look here for the cable layout. Besides the cable you must have the Siren/PA amp connected to your Spectra or you won't get the DEK to even light up.

Mark
scvfd1204

Post by scvfd1204 »

I am running a high power VHF A9 spectra with the HLN1185x siren amp box connected and everything is working correctly.

The DEK I have is a HLN1241C.

I know the cable that goes from the control head to the DEK is available from MOL, but I dont have a part number, nor do I have any extra sys9000 mics laying around in order to get the mic style connector that goes into the DEK..
"Sniffing RF for a living doesn't have any long term effects...effects...effects...effects."
scvfd1204

Post by scvfd1204 »

I think I have found a part number of 30-80248L01....does this sound right??

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”