XTS2500 Programming Question

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

SYNTORX71MAN
What radios do you own?: Two Tin Cans and a String

XTS2500 Programming Question

Post by SYNTORX71MAN »

I have a Customer who is using version 9.0 CPS to program his XTS 2500, He is running into the problem of adding more conventional personalities and zones, By the screenshots he emailed me it shows three tabs, zone, protection and channels... By looking at the channel tab I see the (+) and the (++) are like locked or blacked out..Maybe I am having a brain fart today, but I don't recall seeing the protection tab before...Is the protection tab a program lock or something?? All your thought please!! LOL
t95mwp
Batboard $upporter

Re: XTS2500 Programming Question

Post by t95mwp »

Hi guys,I purchased the radio from him and when I read the radio via CPS do not give me any option to add channels or zones.It is stuck at one zone and channel.Anyone had the same problem or know what might couse this thing.Tnx

Senad

This is fradio info:

XTS2500 MODEL-3-VHF
MODEL#H67KDC9PW7AN
SERIAL#687TEG****
HOST 09.00.05
DSP 09.00.02
FLASHCODE 5A9098-10178C-1
4 MEG

Q806/G806 IMBE / APCO-25 Digital Operation
H14/G114 Digital ID Display
H451 GE STAR Signaling
H868/W298 Conventional Multikey and Analog Conventional MDC OTAR
G170/H43 Remote Monitor and Radio Trace
H46 One-Touch Operation
Future System Package
Future System Package
H38/G51 Smartzone Operation
Q181 Add StatAlert (MDC1200) Features
W947/Q947 APCO Packet Data
Q471 (MCS only) messaging (MDC on trunking)
Q387 Conventional voting scan
Q173/G173 Smartzone OmniLink Operation
Q361/G361 Digital APCO-25 IMBE Trunking (9600kb Control)
1B3 Future System Enhancement
1B4 Future System Enhancement
t95mwp
Batboard $upporter

Post by t95mwp »

Here is some screen shots:

HLA
What radios do you own?: HT1550's, X9000's, CDM1550's

Post by HLA »

first try updating your rss, it's getting old now but if you email me the codeplug i'll look thru it, i'd like to see this?
HLA
I never check PM's so don't bother, just email me.
I won't reply to a hotmail, gmail, aol or any other generic free address, if you want me to reply use a real address.
STOP ASKING ME FOR SOFTWARE OR FIRMWARE, I JUST FORWARD ALL OF THE REQUESTS TO THE MODERATORS
t95mwp
Batboard $upporter

Post by t95mwp »

Email sent to you with code plug attacment.Tnx

Senad
HLA

Post by HLA »

your fpp has that zone locked but it let me add zones and do whatever i wanted with them. unlock it at the radio then it will let you in.
HLA
I won't reply to a hotmail, gmail, aol or any other generic free address, if you want me to reply use a real address.
STOP ASKING ME FOR SOFTWARE OR FIRMWARE, I JUST FORWARD ALL OF THE REQUESTS TO THE MODERATORS
Rayjk110
Banned

Post by Rayjk110 »

Is the first zone FPP? What version of CPS are you using?

Generally with FPP flash codes like that, the first zone (and sequential ones, if you want more than 16 FPP'able channels) need to have FPP enabled in them.
t95mwp
Batboard $upporter

Post by t95mwp »

What version of CPS you have used,I am using R.09.01.02 and I can read and program the radio so I should be able to do changes as well.
Hightower

Post by Hightower »

t95mwp wrote:Hi guys,I purchased the radio from him and when I read the radio via CPS do not give me any option to add channels or zones.It is stuck at one zone and channel.Anyone had the same problem or know what might couse this thing.Tnx

Senad

This is fradio info:

XTS2500 MODEL-3-VHF
MODEL#H67KDC9PW7AN
SERIAL#687TEG****
HOST 09.00.05
DSP 09.00.02
FLASHCODE 5A9098-10178C-1
4 MEG

Q806/G806 IMBE / APCO-25 Digital Operation
H14/G114 Digital ID Display
H451 GE STAR Signaling
H868/W298 Conventional Multikey and Analog Conventional MDC OTAR
G170/H43 Remote Monitor and Radio Trace
H46 One-Touch Operation
Future System Package
Future System Package
H38/G51 Smartzone Operation
Q181 Add StatAlert (MDC1200) Features
W947/Q947 APCO Packet Data
Q471 (MCS only) messaging (MDC on trunking)
Q387 Conventional voting scan
Q173/G173 Smartzone OmniLink Operation
Q361/G361 Digital APCO-25 IMBE Trunking (9600kb Control)
1B3 Future System Enhancement
1B4 Future System Enhancement
Either you have a typo or something doesn't jive with the model number.

You state the radios is a Model 3, however the model number you provided says the radio is a Model 1.

MODEL#H67KDC9PW7AN
H= Handheld
6= |___Model Series
7= |
K= VHF band slpit
D= 4 to 5 Watts
C= Standard Control - No Display <-----THIS IS WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT
9= Variable Programming Channel Spacing
P= Programmable
W= Primary System type-Programmable
7= Feature - Standard plus
A= Version
N= Standard Package

With the 6th digit a C, that indicated a model 1, not model 3. If that radio was to be a model 3, the 6th digit sould be a letter H. From that model number you list, how can you have FPP with no keypad and no display? Option H14, how can you have digital ID Display without a display.

I smell something fishy :o

PS, you should be using Ackerdam flashdecoder, not radioreference, which is very out of date. http://www.akardam.net/moto/tools/decod ... =flashcode
akardam

Post by akardam »

My my, I don't think anyone has ever butchered my username that badly, before...

Something is goofy with this radio's codeplug, likely. A CPS R09 / Firmware R09 radio with a proper Q53/Q52 based FPP codeplug should be forced to 15 zones x 16 channels, with a 1-to-1 correspondance between channels and personalities. This is obviously not the case with this radio.

It needs to have its codeplug fixed. There may be people on this board that can help you. If so, I would wait for them to contact you.
kg6bki

Post by kg6bki »

akardam I have seen the Radio myself and I don't know why hes not able to add zones...Even I tried looking at it. I have a UHF XTS2500 with FFP and I was able to program it with the same CPS as Senad..and I had no problems...you saying that there is something wrong with the Radio then?

Brian
t95mwp
Batboard $upporter

Post by t95mwp »

akardam wrote:My my, I don't think anyone has ever butchered my username that badly, before...

Something is goofy with this radio's codeplug, likely. A CPS R09 / Firmware R09 radio with a proper Q53/Q52 based FPP codeplug should be forced to 15 zones x 16 channels, with a 1-to-1 correspondance between channels and personalities. This is obviously not the case with this radio.

It needs to have its codeplug fixed. There may be people on this board that can help you. If so, I would wait for them to contact you.
Well can someone help me with this or this guy should return my money back for that reason.
Hightower

Post by Hightower »

akardam wrote:My my, I don't think anyone has ever butchered my username that badly, before...

I was flying out the door when I remembered the flash decoding was not done with your decoder - first giveaway was H451 GE STAR Signaling. So I quickly added the link to your decoder page - I got that right :lol: Ya, I butchered your name pretty darn good.

That hack job to the 2500 was almost correct. All the person forgot to do is put a H rather than the default C in the model number and forgot to change the FBD. The CPS is treating the radio as a C, reguardless of the flashcode options.
akardam

Post by akardam »

Hint: H67-anything ain't a XTS 2500...

Senad, There's nothing physically wrong with the radio's hardware. It has had its brain scrambled in a bad way. This can be fixed, but it is black magic voodoo, and that's all I'm going to say.
t95mwp
Batboard $upporter

Post by t95mwp »

Well Patrick here is news,I purchased new CPS and modified CP but radio is looking for 240 ch because is FFP. Here is proof my friend please send me money back before this goes to little higher authorities.
HLA

Post by HLA »

now you really gotta be lying, yesterday when you emailed me the codeplug you only had v9 for that radio then somehow you had v12 less than an hour later. motorola don't work that fast so if you do have it or either one for that matter it's gotta be pirated because that codeplug let me add as many channels as i wanted and i stopped at adding the 40th zone so it works for me on a real authorized copy of v12. then to prove it i emailed the altered codeplug back to you to write to the radio. anyone want to see the original codeplug he sent me or the one that i added everything to just give my your email address and i'll show you and you can look at the original 2004 factory programming and that it's never been flashed and all of the options in the radio. then you kept emailing me asking me for software that somehow you shouldn't of needed if you bought it like you said you did and claimed to be a radio tech and kept asking me how to program your radio. like i told you, i can't program your radio over the internet, take it to a radio shop and have them do it since you obviously don't understand how to do it. and i don't think a refund is in order just because you got in over your head not understanding how to work it or program it. your original cps v9 had to work since it let you read the radio good enuf to email me the codeplug. but i'm done with this and i already forwarded the emails you sent me to the mods so i'll let them decide what they want to do but i hope they lock this thread. and maybe next time when you do a print screen to post for everyone to see you will at least exit out of the file sharing site that you are on getting your pirtated stuff from?
HLA
t95mwp
Batboard $upporter

Post by t95mwp »

Excuse me sir,who you are to call me to be lying,I purchased CPS last night and this morning I got with Motorola customer service so I was able to download software so I can see if is working.It does let you add many zones and channels but when I try to program radio back gives me error.Now if you really needs proof of my legit CPS copy I can show you that as well:
Are you happy now,sir.
Thank you for ordering from Motorola Online.

The order confirmation number assigned to your purchase is:

Billing Address Shipping Address Ultimate Destination
FETIC, SENAD
United States FETIC, SENAD

SAN JOSE, CA
United States Ultimate Country: United States
Payment Method Shipping Requirements
Contract#/Customer Project#: Carrier: Best Way Air
Purchase Order Date: 12 Jun 2008 Freight Terms: Prepay and Add to Invoice
Purchase Order#: 003 Req. Ship Date: 13 Jun 2008
Terms: CREDIT CARD PAY METHOD Partial Ship: OK
Early Ship: OK
1. Model No.RVN4181AD - CPS R12.00.00 ASTRO 25 PORTABLE

Est. Ship Date Available List Price Your Price Qty Extended Price
13 Jun 2008 Y 265.00 265.00 1 265.00

HLA wrote:now you really gotta be lying, yesterday when you emailed me the codeplug you only had v9 for that radio then somehow you had v12 less than an hour later. motorola don't work that fast so if you do have it or either one for that matter it's gotta be pirated because that codeplug let me add as many channels as i wanted and i stopped at adding the 40th zone so it works for me on a real authorized copy of v12. then to prove it i emailed the altered codeplug back to you to write to the radio. anyone want to see the original codeplug he sent me or the one that i added everything to just give my your email address and i'll show you and you can look at the original 2004 factory programming and that it's never been flashed and all of the options in the radio. then you kept emailing me asking me for software that somehow you shouldn't of needed if you bought it like you said you did and claimed to be a radio tech and kept asking me how to program your radio. like i told you, i can't program your radio over the internet, take it to a radio shop and have them do it since you obviously don't understand how to do it. and i don't think a refund is in order just because you got in over your head not understanding how to work it or program it. your original cps v9 had to work since it let you read the radio good enuf to email me the codeplug. but i'm done with this and i already forwarded the emails you sent me to the mods so i'll let them decide what they want to do but i hope they lock this thread. and maybe next time when you do a print screen to post for everyone to see you will at least exit out of the file sharing site that you are on getting your pirtated stuff from?
akardam

Post by akardam »

I am locking this thread TEMPORARILY while I discuss the matter with the involved parties. During this time, do not start any new threads in regards to this matter.
akardam

Post by akardam »

This situation has been resolved.

Return to “Radio Programming”