UHF Astro Saber 3 scanning problem

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

motastro1

UHF Astro Saber 3 scanning problem

Post by motastro1 »

I have a UHF Astro Saber 3 and am having a scanning issue. For some reason the radio only stops on a few channels I have in the scan list. All of these frequencies (repeaters) are easily in range and all of my other radios work just fine. I have tried setting a fixed scan list in the programming and that does not work either,a few work and a few don't. When I stop the scan and turn to each of the channels they work just fine but when you turn the scan back on it will not stop on several of them but will on the rest. I have also tried adjusting the squelch level in the programming but that didn't work either. It seems to me that this has to be in the programming somewhere but I'm not sure where. Any help would be appreciated.--Thanks!
motastro1

Re: UHF Astro Saber 3 scanning problem

Post by motastro1 »

I think this is the first time I have posted something about Motorola radios that no one has responded to. I 'm sure someone out there is familiar with the Astro Saber 3 radios. Any help on this would be appreciated!
n7maq
What radios do you own?: Mocom 70 w/scan!!

Post by n7maq »

You might try cloning in another codeplug, if the problem goes away it's in the programming or codeplug. If that does fix it, I would rebuild the programming file/codeplug.

What is the model #, and flash of your radio? RSS, or CPS? I may have a clean codeplug to send that you can clone in.

Jim
motastro1

Post by motastro1 »

PM Sent
Tom in D.C.
What radios do you own?: Progreso soup can with CRT

Post by Tom in D.C. »

You should probably check the receive settings for the channels that
don't work. Start with the Conventional Personality list and see what
the settings are for the channels that scan okay. Also, check all of the
settings in the scan list the same way. The real secret of getting the
radio to work right on all channels is to be sure everything for each
channel is set the same, except where there might be a reason for
setting it differently, which means you understand all of the ins and outs of
programming -- not an easy task on any of these radios -- it takes a while
to get there, believe me.
Tom in D.C.
In 1920, the U.S. Post Office Department ruled
that children may not be sent by parcel post.
motastro1

Post by motastro1 »

I looked through all the settings on the channels in the scan list and they are all the same. I haven't found anything diffrerent yet. I have made fixed lists,taken off priorities,adjusted the squelch levels and changed hang times,nothing has worked yet. I'm at the point now where I am ready to build a completely new file,but since I am pretty new to the CPS I can't even find out how to do that. One last thing,a freind of mine has the same radio with the same model number and flashcode so I was thinking of putting my file in his radio or putting his file in my radio since he has none of the scan problems I have. Anymore help or suggestions would be much appreciated.--Thanks!!

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”