How to contact "Batlabs.com" via email

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Jim202

How to contact "Batlabs.com" via email

Post by Jim202 »

Does anyone have a valid way to contact anyone still connected with the "Batlabs.com" site? There are 2 email
addresses that are posted. One is rejected and the other one I have not heard back from.

Being as it is such a valuable site for information on Motorola radios and it hasn't had any activity since 2004 for
any updates, maybe some of us could help in supplying some of the more recent radio model information.

Jim
alex
Administrator

Re: How to contact "Batlabs.com" via email

Post by alex »

Email it to alex@batlabs.com and I'll forward it on. That's the best I can do. I've offered this up a few times and no one usually or maybe one person will submit something. Bat has said if I forward him things he will update the main site. Short of that he is not doing updates proactively (obviously).

-Alex
The Radio Information Board: http://www.radioinfoboard.com
Your source for information on: Harris/Ma-Comm/EFJ/RELM/Kenwood/ICOM/Thales, equipment.
mancow
Batboard $upporter

Post by mancow »

Has anyone ever thought of a follow-on site? Maybe something that doesn't duplicate what already exists but continues on with information about relevant current products beyond the legacy Astro stuff could be setup.
alex
Administrator

Post by alex »

Tell me what you guys think will work and I'll intergrate that somehow here... Wiki? Knowledge base type thingie?

-Alex
Your source for information on: Harris/Ma-Comm/EFJ/RELM/Kenwood/ICOM/Thales, equipment.
wa6jbd

Post by wa6jbd »

One question I would have is it's long term viability. I mean, it's been static for 6 years now. It's a tremendous resource that I consult frequently, but it can't stay that way forever. If the site owner has no interest in maintaining it, is there a possibility of transferring it to someone who does? I've attempted to submit information myself, and it's gone nowhere. Posting it to threads here is ok, but it eventually gets lost in the clutter, and difficult to search for.
alex
Administrator

Post by alex »

Yup. It has been a problem for a long time. If you send me the information I'll have him update it. That's one possible solution. The other one is if enough people in this thread offer up suggestions and it's something we can implement (we can do just about anything that people want to see) then we'll do that.

I (we) just don't want to go through the effort and no one uses it.

-Alex

(by we above I mean the forum admin staff... not the guy(s) involved in the main website).
KE7JFF
What radios do you own?: MX300 lunchbox

Post by KE7JFF »

I think a "Batlabs: The Next Generation" type deal on a wiki would be the best bet.
Mountain Wave Search & Rescue http://www.mwave.org
Support Search & Rescue: Get Lost!
alex
Administrator

Post by alex »

If 50-60 people post in this thread that they want a wiki and want to take an active role in migrating both the information on the main site as well as working on contributing information here and from other sources to it I don't see a problem working on making that happen.

It's up to you guys - I'll give you the empty shell to start with. I just do not personally have the time to dedicate to moving the information around.

-Alex
fchrist16
What radios do you own?: Desktrac, XTL/XTS's & XPR's

Post by fchrist16 »

I'd say a wiki that cross-references what is here is a grand idea!

Regards,

-Frank C.
ka8ypy

Post by ka8ypy »

I would like to see a wiki, or something similar to the info dbase the admin was starting to get into on the previous iteration on the forums.
Batwings21

Post by Batwings21 »

Wiki, definitely.
desperado
What radios do you own?: Motorola

Post by desperado »

I would have to agree that some updates would be good, but it would need to be controlled as far as the specific info that's there of course to not upset Motorola.
Hacking antique radios to use on ham channels is alot different than how to enable expensive features on current radio equipment.

I saw someplace recently how to enable some MotoTRBO feature (siteconnect I think) that Moto gets big money for.
And again, those that are doing it for hammy applications, whatever. But those that are doing things to sell them, or benefit from them is a different ball game.

Everyone here knows how to make an 2 channel SP50 into a 10 Channel SP50. OK, fine, it's a crap radio that's no longer supported.
But I know of a shop that set one that someone else had done, without the shops knowledge to depot. Needless to say it created some issues.

I would like to see some additions of basic radio stuff on there. How tone remote actually works. How to generate it from a computer and maybe even some code to do it.
Another thing would be more indepth of MDC and softID. Sure, turning it on is great. Being able to decode it, generate a selective inhibit and sending it to some ham that decided to enable his would be better. Decoding and answering emergency banners would be good too. Again, it has some minimal ham use but whatever.

One of my current loves is analog simulcast. Just put up a 5 site system.
Microwave linking, Canopy, Mesh, IP Site Connect, Capacity Plus and a host of other Moto technologies that are untouched but are the future of the LMR / Wireless industry are all topics for a knowledge base of information.
MOL is great if you want to look at manuals. As long as you speak engrish then calling Moto support will work too (if you have enough status to not need to pay for support)
Keith
CET USMSS
Field Tech
What more can I say
FireCpt809
What radios do you own?: Alot..

Post by FireCpt809 »

The original site is great reference. It does need some updating as there is limited Astro/Astro25 info there. I do find myself at the Repeater-builder site more, both sites are a wealth of info.
DPL

Post by DPL »

I vote for a wiki, and commit to using some my limited free time to migrate pages from the old site, and perhaps some of the bigger-deal forum threads, to the wiki.
chrismoll12

Post by chrismoll12 »

Excellent idea!
KD8GWD
was fordcobra04

Post by KD8GWD »

The wiki idea sounds great... I'd assist in migrating information over if needed...
kf4lhp

Post by kf4lhp »

I'm gonna vote for a wiki solution too, preferably MediaWiki.
akardam

Post by akardam »

We've created a poll to explore this issue further. Please see this thread.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”