ASTRO25 CPS Price Drop?

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

unleashedff248
1 Warning for RSS/CPS Wanted/For Sale/Links
What radios do you own?: XTL5K, XTS5K & 3K, MCS2K

ASTRO25 CPS Price Drop?

Post by unleashedff248 »

Hey guys,

Looks like ASTRO25 CPS combo RVN4186AK has dropped in price from R14 to R15. R14 was listed as $375 and now R15 is listed as $265 (the price of each individual program). I'm very impressed and wondering if this is a typo. MOL says the part is not available right now. ETA is Jan 6 2011. Anyone know anything about this?
twowaytekk

Re: ASTRO25 CPS Price Drop?

Post by twowaytekk »

The price is what I see too. Lead time is three days.

Mark
fchrist16
What radios do you own?: Desktrac, XTL/XTS's & XPR's

Post by fchrist16 »

Same here...Glad it dropped. Means in 2 years when I need to renew it shouldn't be as expensive...

Regards,

-Frank C.
Jim202

Post by Jim202 »

fchrist16 wrote:Same here...Glad it dropped. Means in 2 years when I need to renew it shouldn't be as expensive...

Regards,

-Frank C.

In 2 years, there probably won't be any more updates. Those radios are nearing the end of life support with the
APX series now being pushed so hard.

Jim
resqguy911

Post by resqguy911 »

Jim202 wrote: In 2 years, there probably won't be any more updates. Those radios are nearing the end of life support with the
APX series now being pushed so hard.
Jim
2? For a product still in production with no (publicly) announced cancellation date that seems a little shortsighted. Heck, the last Astro Saber/XTS version was released well after they were NLA (I know it was just for OS compatibility but still)
Here's their current support statement:

"It is the goal of Motorola to normally have available replacement parts and depot services for cancelled products for Global & Public Safety two-way radios products in accordance with the schedule listed below.

However, individual piece parts and select services may still be available.

Motorola Replacement Parts and Services
Product Availability Goal from Date of Product Cancellation
Mobile/Portable Two-Way Radios 5 Years"
"TDMA = digital and same great taste, half the bits"
MTS2000des
What radios do you own?: XTS2500, XTS5000, and MTS2000

Post by MTS2000des »

I am gonna re-up, but Motorola is just funny with some of their CPS pricing.
Great example, PR860 CPS is only like $89 on my MOL, but Pro Series is $335. CPS for the Entry Level Pro series, last version was made in 2003- is $365.

I seriously doubt Astro 25 is going away in 2 years. Motorola is actively selling and deploying Astro 25 conventional and trunked systems. It is their public safety bread and butter offering at present.
The views here are my own and do not represent those of anyone else or the company, the boss, his wife, his dog or distant relatives.
CTAMontrose
was grem467

Post by CTAMontrose »

MTS2000des wrote:I seriously doubt Astro 25 is going away in 2 years. Motorola is actively selling and deploying Astro 25 conventional and trunked systems. It is their public safety bread and butter offering at present.
I think he was referring to XTS/XTL being phased out, not astro 25.. the APX line is still considered to be part of their ASTRO25 portfolio.
MTS2000des
What radios do you own?: XTS2500, XTS5000, and MTS2000

Post by MTS2000des »

I would be surprised. One of the agencies I consult with just placed an order for 270 XTS2500i and their direct rep said no plans are underway to end the XTS/XTL line in the next 2 years, it is their best selling public safety subscriber radio but then you never know...
The views here are my own and do not represent those of anyone else or the company, the boss, his wife, his dog or distant relatives.

Return to “Radio Programming”