Astro Spectra CPS

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

scoutss392
New User
What radios do you own?: Astro Spectra

Astro Spectra CPS

Post by scoutss392 »

I am a newbie to programming radios and have done a large amount of research. I have recently set up a motorola account. I am looking for CPS to read and write to my Astro Spectra. The last CPS used was R05.03.00. When I look on MOL, I can't find the CPS listed under Astro Spectra. Does anyone know if this CPS is still available from MOL? Any help is appreciated.

Will
Mfire39
What radios do you own?: APX

Re: Astro Spectra CPS

Post by Mfire39 »

Did you just set up a MOL account, or did you also purchase the software subscription for the needed CPS?

-Marc
Stupidity creates job security!

If your radio has old firmware, programming it with the latest CPS will not add any new features unless you have the latest firmware to match..

CPS = Customer Programming Software, Not CPS Software.
scoutss392
New User

Post by scoutss392 »

I just recently set it up and was looking where to find the item number and purchase a subscription.
jland138
New User
What radios do you own?: Motorola, Kenwood

Post by jland138 »

When I did it last year, my account was set up, but I needed to accept the Software License Agreement before I could find the part number. Go to "Resource Center", "Software Support" and find the license agreement. Assuming you agree, accept it and you'll get an email in a day or two with an acknowledgement. Then, you should be able to add it to your cart and purchase it. Generally, I've been able to download it from the Resource Center directly once the order gets marked as "shipped." Saves a few days waiting for the physical disk.
scoutss392
New User

Post by scoutss392 »

I accepted the license agreement on monday march 7. I have been checking back periodically and have not seen it listed under astro spectra when I browse the catalog. I have tried putting in some item numbers that I have found on line and tried doing a search for them. All the ones I found show up as cancelled. Right now it is not even showing the programming/software menu for astro spectra. Any ideas? Am I not doing something correctly?

Thanks for the help.

Will
Mfire39
What radios do you own?: APX

Post by Mfire39 »

Contact Motorola (800) 814-0601, and explain the issue you are having with the CPS not showing up in your MOL menu... They should be able to turn it on for download if your subscription is current, and you have a software agreement on file. RVN4183 is the Astro Spectra mobile CPS, and it's showing available for purchase.

-Marc
Stupidity creates job security!

If your radio has old firmware, programming it with the latest CPS will not add any new features unless you have the latest firmware to match..

CPS = Customer Programming Software, Not CPS Software.
ka8ypy

Post by ka8ypy »

scoutss392 wrote:I accepted the license agreement on monday march 7. I have been checking back periodically and have not seen it listed under astro spectra when I browse the catalog. I have tried putting in some item numbers that I have found on line and tried doing a search for them. All the ones I found show up as cancelled. Right now it is not even showing the programming/software menu for astro spectra. Any ideas? Am I not doing something correctly?

Thanks for the help.

Will
For my account, software did not show up under Astro Spectra under resource center/software/2 way/astro spectra until I purchased it. It also showed up under software support/subscriptions after it was purchased.

Return to “Radio Programming”