Old Spectra part

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

kb2crk
What radios do you own?: Astro Spectra Spectra Maratrac

Old Spectra part

Post by kb2crk »

Where can one find the ribbon cable for the head on a dash mount d44 Spectra? I got one as part of a package deal and when i went to test it out it would not power up. it looked like the control head was on upside down and when i removed it i noticed the ribbon was missing. Does anyone know of a source?

Thanks
Paul
just call me dos impaired.... lol
motorola_otaku

Re: Old Spectra part

Post by motorola_otaku »

Dash-mount Spectras don't use a ribbon cable between the head and the controller board, they use an interconnect PCB. There were a bunch of different versions made, but the one you want is a HLN6285; it works on any type or version of control head. Drop me a PM if you want one.
Will

Post by Will »

The first versions of the dash mount Spectras did have a ribbon cable from the command board to the control head connector.

These were replaced by three versions of a circuit board with the connectors.
kb2crk
What radios do you own?: Astro Spectra Spectra Maratrac

Post by kb2crk »

Thanks for the help guys. i have one on the way with another package deal. I knew something did not look right when i pulled the control head off and a board is what i remembered seeing in the last one i has apart...
just call me dos impaired.... lol

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”