HELP NEEDED: Looking for License / Frequency Coordinators

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

wiscomm

HELP NEEDED: Looking for License / Frequency Coordinators

Post by wiscomm »

Looking for a little guidance from the dealer community. The company we were using for our frequency coordination and filing for our commercial radio clients has become unresponsive and we feel its time to make a change. Can anyone give a referral to a company that handle this service for us?

Thanks,

Craig
TreyH

Re: HELP NEEDED: Looking for License / Frequency Coordinator

Post by TreyH »

Not sure if it's the right fit for a dealer but we use spectrumwatch.com to manage/file our licenses.
Jim202

Post by Jim202 »

wiscomm wrote:Looking for a little guidance from the dealer community. The company we were using for our frequency coordination and filing for our commercial radio clients has become unresponsive and we feel its time to make a change. Can anyone give a referral to a company that handle this service for us?

Thanks,

Craig

Have you done a search for frequency coordinators? Depending on the end user type of business, you may have to select the coordinator for that service class. You could also contact APCO and generally they can help or point you to the correct coordinator.

Jim
wiscomm

Post by wiscomm »

Jim202 wrote:Have you done a search for frequency coordinators? Depending on the end user type of business, you may have to select the coordinator for that service class. You could also contact APCO and generally they can help or point you to the correct coordinator.

Jim
Yes, Google is my friend. We work with a wide range of commercial clients and was hoping to find the golden ticket and find a company that will deal with everything we throw at them. Seems lacking that is this industry, perhaps an opportunity.

Will poke around SpectrumWatch and see what they offer.

Thanks,

Craig
MSS-Dave
What radios do you own?: XTL5K, NX300, PD782, Spark Gap

Post by MSS-Dave »

Back in my dealer days the company I worked for used LAO (Licensing Assistance Office) in Gettysburg for company as well as customer licenses. I see now that Enterprise Wireless Alliance (EWA) bought them a few years ago. EWA is a membership type organization so might be a benefit as a dealer to check it out. http://www.enterprisewireless.org/

Just suggestions, I have no connection to them at all. In fact I use UTC for all my stuff since I do utilities.

Dave
NE2WAY
What radios do you own?: MT2000,Spectra,HT&CDM1250

Post by NE2WAY »

We use FIT (www.landmobile.com)

Have had good luck with them and prices seem to be reasonable and are usually pretty quick
wkr518

Post by wkr518 »

We have used LAO/EWA since 1998 or so. Very few problems and very responsive to our inquiries.
nothing
KitN1MCC
What radios do you own?: ht1550 XLS,6 MT-1000,

Post by KitN1MCC »

i have had good luck with pcia
wiscomm

Post by wiscomm »

NE2WAY wrote:We use FIT (http://www.landmobile.com)

Have had good luck with them and prices seem to be reasonable and are usually pretty quick
We have decided to give FIT a try on this first project. Will update the thread on our results.

Thanks everyone for the feedback.

Craig
mikegilbert
What radios do you own?: All of them

Post by mikegilbert »

NE2WAY wrote:We use FIT (http://www.landmobile.com)

Another +1 For FIT. Ken is a good guy. Tell him I say hi.

His other site is a great tool. http://www.narrowband.us/

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”