GP300 5tone troubleshoot

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

skole
New User

GP300 5tone troubleshoot

Post by skole »

Hello to all,
i've tryed to discover answer myself but there is no similar problem described on this forum.
So, i got GP300 5 tone version. it is UHF version 438-470 and i've used 2.04. RSS to read the codeplug. interface i'm using is transistor interface from russian author and PC is 286.
the RSS allowed me to read radio but since the gtd file was unmodified i was unable to enter any ham frequency (Region 1) so i was modifyed the gtd with hexworkshop. after that, i managed to enter any frequency and succesfuly setup all of the 16 channels.
Today i was tryed to read the radio again and Error 6 pops out... after several times trying to "Radio alignement" Error 5 pops out...
according to error code list from web that is associated with microprocessor board but the radio still works as yesterday...every channel, every function is intact...

what to do?
thanks in advance,

stipe
HLA
What radios do you own?: HT1550's, X9000's, CDM1550's

Re: GP300 5tone troubleshoot

Post by HLA »

try going back to the standard factory rss with no modifications and when you want to enter a frequency out of band just hold down the shift key and type in the new frequency
HLA
I never check PM's so don't bother, just email me.
I won't reply to a hotmail, gmail, aol or any other generic free address, if you want me to reply use a real address.
STOP ASKING ME FOR SOFTWARE OR FIRMWARE, I JUST FORWARD ALL OF THE REQUESTS TO THE MODERATORS
Will

Post by Will »

Remember the GP300 had two different RSS, and one was for the 'five tone' model, sometimes referred to as the European version.
skole
New User

Post by skole »

Yes, the RSS is 5tone. i will try today with unmodified RSS and codeplug made from scratch. maybe new codeplug overruns the old one...
HLA
What radios do you own?: HT1550's, X9000's, CDM1550's

Post by HLA »

alos check the battery in your rib and make shure it has enuf voltage or just put a new one in it
HLA
I never check PM's so don't bother, just email me.
I won't reply to a hotmail, gmail, aol or any other generic free address, if you want me to reply use a real address.
STOP ASKING ME FOR SOFTWARE OR FIRMWARE, I JUST FORWARD ALL OF THE REQUESTS TO THE MODERATORS
skole
New User

Post by skole »

Thanks to all you guys,
everything went fine. all i do was run over existing codeplug with new one built from scratch. so, using the codeplug that came with RSS i was created the new one, entered all the frequencies i wanted and signaling sequences, squelches, pl codes and put them into radio... everything was ok, no error.

GP300 is obviously sensitive little brick, so when reading aint possible, "format c:" method works :)

73's!
stipe

Return to “Radio Programming”