GMC Sierra All Terrain XTL5000

This forum is dedicated to helping people with questions about installing radio equipment in vehicles. This can include antenna installs, electrical wiring questions/problems, and mounting systems. Pictures of installs are welcome.

Note: Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other equipment now has its own forum in the 'off-topic' section below.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

lyndonrescue13
New User

GMC Sierra All Terrain XTL5000

Post by lyndonrescue13 »

So my 2012 GMC Sierra 1500 All Terrain Edition has a pretty useless ash tray in the front of the center console. So that is where my XTL5000 110W VHF head is getting mounted.

After some DREMEL work, and a whole lot of testing and re-dremeling.... it is actually a pretty slick spot. Allows me to turn it off and keep it hidden if I need to, but only a button press away of I want....

Astro Spectra

Re: GMC Sierra All Terrain XTL5000

Post by Astro Spectra »

Very tasty ...
dasuriano

Post by dasuriano »

Very nice. I thought about that for my XTL2500. I opted to not do that and will be replacing that whole piece with something that can fit the radio, a scanner, and not lose my cupholder. Where did you end up putting the radio itself?
banks
New User
What radios do you own?: Astro

Post by banks »

Nifty.

How's the viewing angle? I'm contemplating putting one in the ashtray of my '06.

Return to “Vehicle Radio Installs”