Maxtrac head swap and channel upgrade

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

wcu02mpa

Maxtrac head swap and channel upgrade

Post by wcu02mpa »

I have just did a maxlab channel upgrade on a low band low split maxtrac (not a radius) as well as a head swap. The radio has a 5-pin plug. I normally do these with a 16-pin board but have not done this with a 5-pin. My issue is it worked great with the 2-channel head, but now the radio has no transmit. I suspect a jumper setting or something close to that. I have many years of doing this with 16-pin radios and going from a 16 channel to a 32 channel. Am I missing a step or what setting or jumper changes do I need to make?

The radio does transmit....58 watts through the service-alignment menu. The TX light on the control head does not come on when I PTT with the mic. Both head and microphone are good. Model: D51MJA93A5AK.

Thanks
I may not fire the first shot, but I will fire the last one.
RadioSouth
Batboard $upporter

Re: Maxtrac head swap and channel upgrade

Post by RadioSouth »

It's been a long time but I don't think you can get a 2 ch. up to 32 without replacing the ROM.
wcu02mpa

Post by wcu02mpa »

It has the 5.34 chip. I have done it before with 16-pin radios and 2 -CH heads.
I may not fire the first shot, but I will fire the last one.
PETNRDX
What radios do you own?: Too many

Post by PETNRDX »

With most of the 5 pin boards you can only get 16 ch and not signalling.
I have run into that a lot on LB Maxtracs.
Just re-init to 16 ch without signalling ( Maxtrac 300, 16 ch) and it should work unless there is another problem.
Steve K.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”