Console

This forum is for discussions regarding System Infrastructure and Related Equipment. This includes but is not limited to repeaters, base stations, consoles, voters, Voice over IP, system design and implementation, and other related topics.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Jim1348

Console

Post by Jim1348 »

I am looking for some suggestions for a console for use in our Control Center. I work for an agency that currently uses two Motorola MOTO TRBO mobiles and one Motorola XTS2500 on a statewide digital, trunked P25 radio system. One of the issues I see is that when someone in the Control Center transmits, they often have audio feedback from one of the other radios. I seem to recall that in traditional communications centers the "non-select" audio is muted when transmitting on the "selected" channel or talkgroup.

Since there are plans later this year to upgrade the Control Center, I want to make a suggestion that we look at a more professional console, rather than a future of simply having several mobile radios on a power supply in the Control Center. I would also like to convince the decision makers to record audio on at least some talkgroups.

I am looking for suggestions on where to start with an appropriate console for this type of operation. It does not have to be Motorola, but if Motorola has one that would be apprpriate, that would be good to know
Garyf629

Re: Console

Post by Garyf629 »

I have had good luck using these units. I have put them in both stations and in command vehicles. Not sure what is happening with the manufacturer, the web site I used to purchase them is no longer working. I did find this one:

http://www.actioncommunications.com/mm5 ... p-dispatch
Bill_G

Post by Bill_G »

If you're a government agency, you should go through the bid process. Issue a RFI to get responses from all interested parties, and you are allowed to direct RFI towards a list of specific vendors. ie: Zetron, Motorola, Avtec, Telex, etc. If you have a service organization, be sure to send them a copy so they can respond.
srvigalot
New User
What radios do you own?: All Motorola

Post by srvigalot »

Depends on what you want to spend. The Motorola MIP5000 is a very cost effective way of tieing into XPR control stations. But if you want the "Cadillac" of consoles, then you want the MCC 7500 VOIP. MIddle of the road would be the MCC5500. Motorola is all I really know so thats all I can help you with.
Mike Sevigny
Cyber Communications Inc.
(978) 454-4500
MSEVIGNY@CYBERCOMMINC.COM

Return to “Base Stations, Repeaters, General Infrastructure”