PTT Beep on Transmit XTS-2500

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

stevenr437
1 Warning for RSS/CPS Wanted/For Sale/Links

PTT Beep on Transmit XTS-2500

Post by stevenr437 »

Hi Guys,

Have an XTS-2500 recently programmed for analog frequencies. Looking through CPS and I am having a difficult time finding how to turn off the beep (chirp) everytime the PTT is pressed. I have programmed this radio a million times and unchecked the tx chirp, but it is still doing it. Perhaps someone could take me once again through the steps necessary to eliminate this annoyance.

Regards
NHfirefighter

Re: PTT Beep on Transmit XTS-2500

Post by NHfirefighter »

Any chance the radio is set up with any kind of encryption? If so there is a setting for TX clear alert tone in the encryption settings. Uncheck that and the chirp should go away assuming it isn't a MDC or other signaling indicator.
tuckerm

Post by tuckerm »

TX Clear Alert tone in the secure settings.
Schrodinger's Radio: It is simultaneously too loud and too quiet, but you will never know which until someone transmits.
stevenr437
1 Warning for RSS/CPS Wanted/For Sale/Links

Post by stevenr437 »

Thank you all for helping me out. The TX Clear Alert tone in secure settings was checked to on. I have unchecked it, reprogrammed and no TX chirp on transmissions.

Once again a very big thanks to NHfirefighter and tuckerm, your the best!!!

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”