DOS Chirp on Conventional Personalities?

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

KB4HQX
New User
What radios do you own?: XTS5000

DOS Chirp on Conventional Personalities?

Post by KB4HQX »

I'm posing this question based on being able to do tpt on conventional personalities.

I've volunteered to work amateur radio comms for a high profile event in the next couple of months. Part of the requirements to being able to work this event is having a dual band handheld, which I unfortunately do not have.

I currently have a uhf and vhf XTS5000, so I'll end up using both. Is there any possibility of putting a chirp on one of the radios when the squelch closes, similar or exactly to the DOS chirp?

Ryan
KB4HQX
SteveC0625
What radios do you own?: CDM's, CP's, CM's, and more

Re: DOS Chirp on Conventional Personalities?

Post by SteveC0625 »

KB4HQX wrote:I'm posing this question based on being able to do tpt on conventional personalities.

I've volunteered to work amateur radio comms for a high profile event in the next couple of months. Part of the requirements to being able to work this event is having a dual band handheld, which I unfortunately do not have.

I currently have a uhf and vhf XTS5000, so I'll end up using both. Is there any possibility of putting a chirp on one of the radios when the squelch closes, similar or exactly to the DOS chirp?

Ryan
KB4HQX
Does the CPS have an alert tone on priority scan channel feature? Several of the CPS's for other families of Motorola radios do have that available. That might work for you.

Return to “Radio Programming”