O3 Control Head Ignition Issue

Moderator: Queue Moderator

geonerdist
New User

O3 Control Head Ignition Issue

Post by geonerdist »

I have two XTL5000s that I’ve switched to O3 control heads from O5 to not take up so much space in the new truck. Radios are on constant 12v and the ignition sense cable is hooked to a confirmed circuit that has 12v when the ignition is on.

The radios do not power on when the vehicle is turned on, but I can turn them on using the power button (only if the vehicle is running). Then they do turn off when the vehicle is turned off. They are programmed as Ignition Only Power Up, which is the help docs say for an O3 head says they should turn on and off with ignition, ignoring any button press. I've also tried all the other ignition settings in the programming available and none of them let the radio turn on when the vehicle is turned on.
geonerdist
New User

Re: O3 Control Head Ignition Issue

Post by geonerdist »

Turns out after some more digging around today that my 800mhz radio turns on/off with ignition perfectly. It's the VHF one that does not and behaves as described in my original post. If I swap the O3 control heads around, it's still only the 800mhz radio that turns on with ignition. I have confirmed that the VHF's ingiiton sense is seeing 12v when the vehicle is on, this also allows it to be powered on manually. Both radios turn off when the truck is turned off.

I'm planning to go to my local Motorola shop after work one day this week, but they've never worked with the O3 heads before.
geonerdist
New User

Re: O3 Control Head Ignition Issue

Post by geonerdist »

Might have found the issue today. I put both radios into service mode.

The 800mhz radio lists CH Version as R12.00.04 but the VHF radio lists CH Version as R00.00.00. I suspect this is all related. Can anyone provide some guidance on what my local shop needs to do to fix that? They didn't have much to offer when I stopped by last week.

Return to “ASTRO25 Series (XTS/XTL 1500/2500/5000) Subscribers”