what features come with a MTS2000?

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Astro_Saber
Fail 01/90

Post by Astro_Saber »

i looked at what was in bat but i couldnt find anything.

what are features that come with a full keypad MTS 2000?
Chris

Post by Chris »

H35 Conventional only. 160 Channels, and Scan.

I wouldn't order one without the following options factory flashed:

255 Channel
MDC1200
QCII
xmo

Post by xmo »

The MTS2000 is a Flashport (TM) radio. You will need to read the units flashcode and run it through the magic decoder (see Batlabs) in order to tell what features are in the radio.
radioEd

Post by radioEd »

Um! Astro Saber, I gather you got the MTS ?
Astro_Saber
Fail 01/90

Post by Astro_Saber »

No, i have been offered one in trade, but he says it only does 120 channels. and i am intertested in what features it has, at least for teh saber i can get the codes to have stuff programmed.

but im interested in what features i can have installed if i do trade for the vhf unit.

and does it have modat?
radioEd

Post by radioEd »

good luck with it....here's something to look at till the other people post in! Friday, I'm goin out!
http://www.star-net.org/mtskey.htm
Twisted_Pear
Batboard $upporter

Post by Twisted_Pear »

I believe most by default include SmartNet trunking also.
Astro_Saber
Fail 01/90

Post by Astro_Saber »

well the things id want are

scan
text
Omit Alert tones
Channel Busy indicator
CSQ on all channels including PL codes and during scan
programable scan
Low battery LED
MODAT ( if it can )
Zone menu
Channel Menu
Autodial
DTMF
Manual Telephone Connect
Channel Busy LED
Channel Display Names
Zone Display Names

but mostly id want MODAT i like the noise
Pj
What radios do you own?: X9000 thru APX

Post by Pj »

Sorry, no modat. Astro Sabers only.

However, I did hear about an XTS with it, but I highly doubt it.
Arnold Horshack

Post by Arnold Horshack »

I've got an XTS3500 with MODAT in it!
Flashcode: 559001 - 080000 - 6
Astro_Saber
Fail 01/90

Post by Astro_Saber »

how many text can the radio display and whats the scan capability?
alex
Administrator

Post by alex »

I think it's the same as the MT2000. 14 Character Display (which is quite nice, and better than the Sabers), and I believe it's limited to 16 channel scan, 1 1st priority, and 1 second priority.

-Alex
Astro_Saber
Fail 01/90

Post by Astro_Saber »

are there any special features that really make it better than a saber? I use it mostly for a recieve portable but have some transmitable freqs in it. i really dont use it for fancy stuff
CHEFA2001
Banned

Post by CHEFA2001 »

Anyone can please explain or refer me to a site or link which explain what each of teh following are:
I mean what are the functions of each of teh following systems and it's capabilities?

AMSS, StartSite, SMARTNET, SMARTNET and SmartZone systems.
Nick

Post by Nick »

The following found here http://www.motorola.com/LMPS/RNSG/trunk ... .htm#smnet

StartSite Xpress

If you need an affordable pre-packaged solution for your operation that covers a single geographic area, then you need StartSite Xpress.
•Up to 5 channels
•Up to 500 users
•Single Site
•Analog

StartSite

If you need a basic single-site solution for your operation that covers a single geographic area, then you need StartSite. StartSite allows you to take advantage of basic trunking features that through FLASHport software can be cost-effectively upgraded as your needs grow. The system controller is compact enough to sit on a desk or storage shelf.

•Up to 5 channels
•Up to 500 users
•Single Site
•Analog

SMARTNET

If you need a single site system designed to exceed even the most rigorous requirements, then Motorola's SMARTNET System has unparalleled potential for you. If your communications requirements include enhanced control, efficient system operation for a large number of users, safety and security features, and coverage options, then SMARTNET is the answer. SMARTNET is flexible, allowing you to configure your system to fit virtually any unique situation. See SMARTNET Network Manager for information on configuring, monitoring, and recording activity on a SMARTNET trunked radio system. SMARTNET Trunking allows such features as control channel operation, group calling, multiple priority levels, and much more. Aside from Network Management, SMARTNET may be designed to support ASTRO Encrypted Voice and Telephone Interconnect configuration.

•3 - 28 channels
•Up to 1000's of users
•Up to 4000 talkgroups
•Single site
•APCO 16 Supported
•Analog and/or Digital voice
•Band Support: UHF, VHF, 800 MHz, and 900 MHz

SMARTNET

If you want larger coverage with operational benefits of a SMARTNET System in a frequency-congested area, then explore SMARTNET Analog Simulcast. This option enhances coverage by linking multiple sites that share a common set of frequencies into one controlled network. You benefit by being able to accommodate more mobile and portable users per frequency. By using the most advanced technology of its kind, SMARTNET Analog Simulcast is able to consistently deliver the finest quality voice transmission in the industry.

•3 - 28 channels per site
•Up to 1000's of users
•Over 4000 talkgroups
•Multi-site (up to 10 sites)
•Analog ONLY (Digital Simulcast = SmartZone)
•APCO 16 Supported

SmartZone

If you require a large communications network to communicate across counties, throughout the state or even beyond borders, SmartZone is the answer. It lets you combine the best coverage options to fit the individual needs of each region. Then SmartZone ties those regions together into one enhanced, fully integrated wide-area coverage network. Individual users can roam from site to site transparently while maintaining communications with members of their home site, if needed. Although SmartZone is designed primarily for use with trunking technology, it can integrate conventional sites into the system quite readily. See SmartZone Network Manager for information on managing the configuration and operation of your SmartZone wide-area network from a centralized point. See SmartZone Network Manager for information on configuring, monitoring, and recording activity on a SmartZone trunked radio system.

•Up to 28 channels per site
•1,000s of users
•Multi-site (up to 48)
•Analog and/or Digital voice
•APCO 16 Supported

SmartZone OmniLink

Allows you to link multiple SmartZone systems into one very wide area, transparent two-way radio communications system. Users don't have to worry about boundaries anymore as SmartZone OmniLink radios allow for virtually transparent roaming throughout the system's expansive coverage area. A SmartZone OmniLink system is designed with maximum reliability in mind. The inherent reliability of SmartZone OmniLink's distributed architecture virtually eliminates the star architecture risk of having each interzone communication link routed through one vulnerable central hub. SmartZone OmniLink also has great flexibility in meeting your call capacity requirements. Large systems can take advantage of the increased console audio capacity to meet high interzone call traffic loads while other more bandwidth-sensitive customers can scale back system designs to meet their unique needs.

•Up to 28 channels per site
•Analog and/or Digital Voice
•1,000's of users
•APCO 16 Supported
•Multi-site (Up to 192 sites)
Astro_Saber
Fail 01/90

Post by Astro_Saber »

cant swap, not going to send first, would have been nice to have one though
radioEd

Post by radioEd »

Are you sure? I heard a new 2002 Ford Pickup comes with the radio? maybe next time.....lol Ed
HumHead

Post by HumHead »

For a great introduction to the various // trunking formats and systems, check out:

http://www.motorola-wls.com/CW_ACS002/cbt/course.htm
RKG

Post by RKG »

I had trouble telling whether this was a trunking radio or a conventional radio that you are inquiring about.

If trunking, most do NOT come from the factory with MDC. Likewise, SmartZone is a very expensive flash upgrade, which you have no use for in a listen-only radio.

One advantage of the MT-class over the Saber is that the "direct" ("talkaround") function in the Saber copies only the frequency of the repeater for xmit, not also the PL. The radio assumes that the RX and TX PLs (or DPLs) are always the same, which used to be true but is not always true today. The MT-class radios properly copy both the freq and tone when the "direct" function is selected by button.
/\/\y 2 cents
On Moderation
What radios do you own?: iPhone, Blackberry, HT220

Post by /\/\y 2 cents »

This has to be one of the most broad posts you can make....what you need to do is get yourself a price page and then you can see what options are available...there are more combinations than you can imagine.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”