Motorola RF Amp Schematic Needed

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Ray D. O'Mann

Post by Ray D. O'Mann »

Hi,
Anybody have the schematic for a Motorola RF power amp #N1274A? I roached a diode and I can't tell what kind it is or anything. I'd sure appreciate some input on this. Thanks.~~Ray
Nick

Post by Nick »

On 2002-01-18 06:48, Ray D. O'Mann wrote:
Hi,
Anybody have the schematic for a Motorola RF power amp #N1274A? I roached a diode and I can't tell what kind it is or anything. I'd sure appreciate some input on this. Thanks.~~Ray
Hi I don't if this helps but if you don't have any luck here you may want to try http://www.tplcom.com These guy's make most of the RF Amps for Motorola. Good luck!
Mike B

Post by Mike B »

There are 3 diodes in this VHF amplifier. One of them is designed to blow the external power cable fuse when reverse 12 volts DC power is applied to the unit. If the fuse is not there and you blow the diode instead, well, you can guess what probably happened to all the other solid state devices in the amp. If you have a bugle you can probably play taps for them. It is listed as CR301, part number 4882525G13, currently available for $ 2.70 each retail, but, replacing it alone may not do any good. It is connected to the positive power terminal and ground.

The other 2 diodes are part of the relay switching circuit. Both diodes are connected to C1 which is connected to RF Input. They are both listed as 4882363E03 which now crosses to 4883654H06 in AccessPoint and are $ 1.75 each retail. They are listed as CR1 and CR2.

The diodes are listed on AccessPoint which you can check for additional information.

The manual part number for the amp is 6881020C90 which is no longer available from Motorola.
_________
Mike B
blenderm@open.org

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mike B on 2002-01-19 03:18 ]</font>

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”