SABER HI-ROSE connector question

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

mancow
Batboard $upporter

Post by mancow »

Hello, I recently received a hi rose connector. It doesn't have a model #. I discovered that inside there is a very small dual sided circuit board with a 16 pin chip labeled 14551B I believe. I would like to use this for key loading at least. The connector seems to be missing the neccissary pins for programming.

Does anyone know what the circuit board does and just exactly what this was made for.

Thanks....

And thank reslock if you happen to see this post.
Tom in D.C.
What radios do you own?: Progreso soup can with CRT

Post by Tom in D.C. »

Sounds like a standard type Saber device for connecting an external headset. The board/device is used to inform the radio that certain of the connector pins are to be active instead of the mic and speaker inside the radio. I don't know if you can keyload via this device or if it requires a similar-looking but different Hirose connector setup.

Tom, W2NJS
...in D.C.
john6458

Post by john6458 »

I made a programing cable out of them. and had no problem. As per key loading cable i could not tell you. you may have to move pins around a little.
Monty
Administrator

Post by Monty »

Hi:

If the connector you have is not damaged, I would be willing to trade you a Saber connector with the Correct Pin set up in trade for the one you have.

You still would have to supply the cable and
25 pin DBF

MS
10-95
Fail 001 "Brain out of Lock"

Post by 10-95 »

Our local PD here used Sabers at one time, and they had the HI-ROSE adapters which they used for keyloading as well as for the Headset mics for the department swat team.

10-95
mancow
Batboard $upporter

Post by mancow »

Hey msisco9399. What type do you have? Mine has all the connecotrs (eg. gold pins) except the ones for the programming lines. How many do your's have? Are all 12 there? I believe mine have the propper pins for keyloading. I may be interested and will watch for your reply.

thanks to all for the info

mancow
Astrosaber

Post by Astrosaber »

Can I piggyback in on this one? My Saber Hirose (on my Astro Saber II) has a large white "D" on the back bottom. Any idea what this means?

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”