Radius M1225 with Racing Radios harness for Newb

This forum is dedicated to helping people with questions about installing radio equipment in vehicles. This can include antenna installs, electrical wiring questions/problems, and mounting systems. Pictures of installs are welcome.

Note: Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other equipment now has its own forum in the 'off-topic' section below.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

ysrjunkie
New User
What radios do you own?: p100's p1225 gp300

Radius M1225 with Racing Radios harness for Newb

Post by ysrjunkie »

Hi guys, I'm new here and looking for some help. I have a Radius M1225 radio that I am mounting in my race car and purchased a Racing Radios brand base station harness. I plug it in the front where the handset plugs in but, the audio volume does not adjust. The mic only sounds fair, but not clear. When the volume knob is turned up, the speaker on the radio is the only volume effected. Any and all help is appreciated. I have 3 more cars in my team that are going to need radios. Thanks
Sikdmax
New User

Re: Radius M1225 with Racing Radios harness for Newb

Post by Sikdmax »

Im a bit confused as you say "base station harness" but are putting this in a car with a helmet kit, external PTT, etc, correct?

You should have a car harness that is the main "hub" if you will of the system. Your helmet kit will plug into this car harness, your external PTT, and your radio adapter harness.

Helmet kit and PTT self explanatory. Radio harness for a Motorola such as the M1225 should only have a 16 pin connector on it along with a 12v+ turn on lead, then the 5 pin to connect to the harness.

I take it your radio harness looks different than:

Image ?
Sikdmax
New User

Post by Sikdmax »

Sorry, my posts have to be approved by admin here as a "new user" so I cant edit my first post.

It looks like you have RR's Base harness: http://www.racingradios.com/products/ra ... ng-harness

Their text says that if you didnt buy the M1225 from them you must send the radio to them for a modification to be made - not sure what that would be. Some sort of programming change for control to be from the mic jack instead of 16 pin? Im not familiar with M1225 RSS.

"This harness plugs directly into the front of Motorola Two-Way Hard-Wired radios. If you did not purchase your base station Motorola radio from us, you must send the radio to us to have a modification done to the radio. Our harnesses uses an RJ45 (network plug) instead of plugging into the back of the radio."

So, I would give them a call to discuss this radio mod, or simply return the harness and go somewhere else where you dont have to mod the radio... a little ridiculous.
ysrjunkie
New User

Post by ysrjunkie »

Yes it seems i need to send it to them. They do something other than programming though and that is what i am hoping to find out. My budget has me doing this myself.
HLA
What radios do you own?: HT1550's, X9000's, CDM1550's

Post by HLA »

i've had a few radios come in from those guys over the years mobile and portable and have never been able to read any of them from any of the connectors and there is no visible alterations that I could see done on the inside to any of the connectors so who knows what they are doing to them. Now personally I stay away from their stuff
HLA
I never check PM's so don't bother, just email me.
I won't reply to a hotmail, gmail, aol or any other generic free address, if you want me to reply use a real address.
STOP ASKING ME FOR SOFTWARE OR FIRMWARE, I JUST FORWARD ALL OF THE REQUESTS TO THE MODERATORS
ysrjunkie
New User

Post by ysrjunkie »

I found out that they will alter my radio for around $40. I will be shipping it out on Monday.
Sikdmax
New User

Post by Sikdmax »

I would hope that since someone is altering your property, and on top of that you are paying for them to do it, that you find out what exactly they are doing with it - be it hardware, software or otherwise... wait, there is no otherwise :lol:

Let us know what you find out!
ysrjunkie
New User

Post by ysrjunkie »

I will keep you updated. Thanks
ysrjunkie
New User

Post by ysrjunkie »

Finally, I have a pic of what was done. It is simple. Here is a pic:

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/E ... directlink

I could not get the pic to post. But there is a close up for those of you interested or Admin may correct it. Thanks for you help. I hope this is good info for you too.

Return to “Vehicle Radio Installs”