Need Mic plug for IFR500

This forum exists for the purposes for discussing service monitors (This includes but is not limited to Motorola, HP, Aeroflex, GD, etc). Additional topics allowed include test procedures, interpretation of test results, where to find information about specific tests, antenna VSWR, return loss testing, duplexer and filter alignment, etc.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Will

Need Mic plug for IFR500

Post by Will »

Looking for the mic connector, 5 pin male, for the IFR500. Or the part number for one.
Wowbagger
Aeroflex

Re: Need Mic plug for IFR500

Post by Wowbagger »

IIRC it's just a standard 5 pin DIN - you should be able to get one at any Drat Shack.
This is my opinion, not Aeroflex's.

I WILL NOT give you proprietary information. I make too much money to jeopardize my job.

I AM NOT the Service department: You want official info, manuals, service info, parts, calibration, etc., contact Aeroflex directly, please.
Will

Post by Will »

No, I tried that.
IIRC it is a Johnson/Regency connector. But no part number.
Andy Corbin

Post by Andy Corbin »

Will wrote:No, I tried that.
IIRC it is a Johnson/Regency connector. But no part number.
Actually a standard 5 pin DIN with the appropriate pin pattern will work, however, if you REALLY want a mike that is the same as the IFR you can use a Regency mike 600 699 1. Here is a link on the connector you need.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-NOS-5-P ... 2a1ad0b294

Here is a link on the mike and connector. These look a bit rough but would probably work. Just scroll down until you see something that strikes your fancy.
One thing I have noted in the past. I have seen people pay WAY over $100 for an "IFR mike", which is IDENTICAL to the Regency mike, except for the logo on the front. If you are a real stickler because its says "Regency" instead of "IFR", for a reasonable fee, I will be glad to get my label maker out and print you a small label that says "IFR" :)

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=reg ... 6&_armrs=1

Andy
jry

Post by jry »

Mouser Part #: 523-T3374-501
Will

Post by Will »

This seems to the the correct connector.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-NOS-5-P ... 7298635457
Maybe someone has an old one laying around....
Will

Post by Will »

I got a message from Andy, he has the right one, and sent two on over.

Thank you Andy.....
Will

Post by Will »

That was the correct one, thanks again Andy. Now I have my PL/DPL/DTMF decoder hooked up to my 500.

Return to “Test Equipment & RF Equipment Alignment”